If you want to explore the beauty of Mathematics AND be able to apply those skills in your future career, this is an excellent choice. By studying Mathematics at NTU you will have all the opportunities and experiences you’ll need to help you to pursue a great career.
Mathematical applications have an impact in many areas of society, especially business, computing, engineering and science. The emphasis of this course is on the understanding and proper application of modern techniques which will prepare you for specialist professional employment. Optional modules in your final year enable you to mould your course to your own interests. Students from this course have gained employment in finance, teaching, data analytics and academia, to name but a few.
Our hands-on approach to teaching will have you applying the mathematical theory you have learnt to novel and inspiring projects. The course makes considerable use of specialist mathematical and statistical software and applications are emphasised throughout. We pride ourselves on our innovative teaching style that encourages problem-solving and critical thinking – all valuable skills employers are looking for in a Mathematics graduate.
• • Why study Mathematics at Nottingham Trent University? • •
• We’ve got a great reputation. We’re consistently rated as one of the best new universities in the UK and that’s not all, 100% of mathematics students would also recommend studying at NTU (National Student Survey 2017).
• We have inspiring learning environments. You'll benefit from our multi award-winning Pavilion building, which was the 2017 Guardian University Awards winner for Buildings that Inspire.
• We’ve got an excellent employability record. 97% of NTU graduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving.
• We’re one of the top universities for offering placements. Our courses offer the opportunity to apply for a placement in the UK or abroad, and for summer scholarships on a research project or in local schools, each giving you real-life experience that employers are looking for. Recent placements include IBM, Volkswagen group and ASOS, as well as Governmental departments like DWP and ONS.
• We provide innovative accredited courses. Our pioneering courses and research are carried out in close collaboration with university and industry partners worldwide, giving our students skills and knowledge which are highly relevant to the needs of academia and industry. The course is accredited by the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, which will help you on your way to Chartered Mathematician status.
• Take your studies to a higher level. Subject to performance, you can transfer to the MMath if you want to take you interest and passion for mathematics to a higher level - great if you want to pursue a career in research, undertake a PhD or simply stand out from the crowd.
Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)
21 September 2018
This course has limited vacancies, and is no longer accepting applications from some students. See the list below for where you normally live, to check if you’re eligible to apply.
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Clifton Campus|
The following entry points are available for this course:
|UCAS Tariff||120 points|
|A level||120 UCAS Tariff points from up to four qualifications (two of which must be A-level equivalent including Maths grade B)|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||DDM||relevant Maths modules|
|Access to HE Diploma||Pass your Access course with 60 credits overall with a minimum of 45 credits at level 3 including relevant Maths modules|
|GCSE/National 4/National 5||
GCSE English grade C/4 or equivalent
GCSE Maths grade C/4 or equivalent
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||120 UCAS Tariff points from your BTEC Level 3 National Diploma and up to three qualifications (one of which must include A-Level Maths grade B or equivalent).|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)||120 UCAS Tariff points from your BTEC Level National Extended Certificate and up to three qualifications (one of which must be A-Level Maths grade B or equivalent)|
We also consider equivalent qualifications and combinations. Please contact Nottingham Trent University Admissions team for further information.
|Channel Islands||£9,250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,250||Year 1|