Awarded by: University of Bolton
The FdA Beauty Management programme will allow you to learn current industry techniques, develop those that you have already been introduced to at a lower level and build a strong foundation in the theories and background knowledge of the profession. An important feature of the course is the opportunity to develop your skills, knowledge and experience of management, leading people and making effective business decisions thus increasing salon revenue. Throughout your studies you will be offered support in the development of relevant study skills such as academic, ICT, independent learning, communication and time management. The teaching and learning strategies typically used by tutors on the course include lectures, seminars, practical workshops and tutorial. You will also be expected to undertake a significant amount of independent study.
Foundation Degree in Arts - FdA
Professional and Academic skills
The Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy Industry in Context
Fundamentals of Beauty Salon Operations
Laser and Light Treatments for Skin Rejuvenation and Hair Removal
Physiology of Ageing
Beauty Salon Management in Practice
Leading and Managing Hairdressing and Beauty Teams
Advanced Massage Techniques
Managing Financial Resources in Salons
Work based learning
This course has been designed with a focus on management, employability and business acumen to give you the skills that
you will need to progress in your career. Special features of the course include:
• Extensive industry links with a range of beauty therapy industry employers providing students with the opportunity to visit a range of salons and other workplaces
• Students will attend lectures given by guest speakers from the industry
• Students are required to take part in a period of managed work experience at HE 5
• Students will learn skills in the entrepreneurship and business start up to aid them to become self employed
• Advanced practical skills run throughout the course to maximise student potential and expertise.
• The course enables students to develop their management and leadership skills including leading and managing teams and managing financial resources
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
The following entry points are available for this course:
This course is only available to students within the United Kingdom and European Union.
|UCAS Tariff||64 points||64 UCAS points or equivalent in a Level 3 Beauty qualification. You should also have 5 GCSE's at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent ) including English.|
|A level||64 points from a minimum of 2 A Levels|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MMP|
|Access to HE Diploma||64 points from an Access to Higher Education Diploma|
You may be required to attend an interview.
You may be required to attend an interview
|Northern Ireland||£7,500||Year 1|