FdA Graphic Design at Camberwell College of Arts explores contemporary approaches to branding, advertising and graphic design through a range of media and processes. The course has been developed in collaboration with key design industry practitioners to reflect current working practices.
What can you expect?
• To explore key practical and conceptual strategies involved in the creation of communication across different media.
• To explore strategies for the implementation of brand identity and the development of communication in relation to advertising and marketing.
• To look at the impact of advanced technologies on working methods.
• To examine communication and management strategies necessary for successful team working, students will start to identify their own specialist interests.
• Sustained periods of work-based learning that allow students to engage directly with design industry representatives and make valuable contacts.
• To develop written, verbal and visual communication skills, which will prepare them for their chosen industry.
• A combination of industry set and personally devised work projects that allows for further examination of ideas and concepts.
• Units that relate specifically to work-based learning through live projects, work placements and collaborative research.
At the end of the year, students are given detailed guidance about how to appropriately approach employers. Students holding a Foundation degree (FdA) may also be considered for the third year bridging unit, which enables them to apply to the final year of the Camberwell BA (Hons) Graphic Design course.
Work experience and opportunities
FdA Graphic Design students get to work with Camberwell’s partners from the industry, gaining insight into the key issues of contemporary graphic design practice. Previous collaborators have included Bibliothèque, Kin, Moving Brands and UsTwo.
About Camberwell College of Arts
Camberwell College of Arts is internationally regarded for the outstanding quality of its courses, staff and facilities.
It is a unique place to study with a strong sense of community, which encourages students to rethink current practices and cultivate their own style.
Camberwell has had major investment over the last couple of years, with a new academic building and halls of residence on campus, transforming it into a 21st century art school embedded in its local, national and international communities, and dedicated to driving forward positive social change through art and design.
Foundation Degree in Arts - FdA
Camberwell College of Art
This course is not accepting applications at this time. Please contact the provider to find out more.
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Camberwell College of Art|
This means the year in which you would like to start the course.
‘Year 1’ means you will start in the first year.
‘Year 0’ means you will enter onto a foundation year.
You may be able to start some courses in the second or third years, if you meet certain criteria. You will need to discuss this with the university or college directly.
The following entry points are available for this course:
|Channel Islands||£9,250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,250||Year 1|