Nottingham Trent University has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
Combining the best of Sport, Exercise Science and Management this course will provide you the knowledge, skills and experience to work at a management level within the sport and leisure industry or beyond. The course combines the best of sport, exercise science and management. This will enable you to experience a variety of disciplines, including: exercise physiology, sport psychology and nutrition.
You will also explore essential management topics such as finance, law, economics and communication.
• • Why study Sport Science and Management at Nottingham Trent University? • •
• We’re one of the top universities for offering placements. All our courses offer the opportunity to apply for a placement in the UK or abroad, giving you the real-life experience employers are looking for, including recent placements at British Olympic Association, Nottingham Rugby Club, England Hockey, Nottingham Forest Football Club, Derby Rugby Club and British Association for Sport and Exercise Sciences.
• We’ve got an excellent employability record. Over 97% of NTU graduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving.
• We have inspiring learning environments. We have a bespoke sport psychology and management suite, exercise and health laboratories, a biomechanics laboratory and biochemistry laboratories. We are one of the few campuses with our own environmental chamber. We also have Performance Analysis and Human Movement laboratories including a 3D motion capture system that analyses human movement.
• Get extra qualifications. You can get involved in coaching education opportunities and take the REPS Personal Trainer qualification, which leads to nationally recognised professional awards.
• Get a head start. We value entrepreneurial spirit and encourage it to grow with student-led enterprise and consultancy projects in conjunction with organisations such as Nottingham Forest Football Club and local authority leisure providers.
• We've got expert staff. Our team includes British Association of Sport and Exercise Science (BASES) accredited exercise physiologists and sports psychologists.
• NTU is in the top 20 universities in the UK for sport science – The Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2019.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Clifton Campus|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||120 points||including Physical Education or a Science subject and excluding Critical Thinking and General Studies|
|A level||BBB||120 UCAS Tariff points from three A-Levels or equivalent qualifications, including an A-level equivalent in a Physical Education or a Science subject and excluding Critical Thinking General Studies.|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||DDM||including relevant Physical Education or Science modules|
|Access to HE Diploma||Pass your Access course with 60 credits overall with a minimum of 45 credits at level 3 including relevant Physical Education or Science modules|
|GCSE/National 4/National 5||
GCSE English grade C/4 or equivalent
GCSE Maths grade C/4 or equivalent
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||120 UCAS tariff points from your BTEC level 3 National Diploma and one A-level or equivalent qualification, including an A-level or equivalent in a Physical Education or a Science subject and excluding Critical Thinking and General Studies.|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)||120 UCAS tariff points from your BTEC level 3 National Extended Certificate and two A-Levels or equivalent qualifications, including an A-level or equivalent in a Physical Education or a Science subject excluding Critical Thinking and General Studies.|
We also consider equivalent qualifications and combinations. Please contact Nottingham Trent University Admissions team for further information.
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£9,250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,250||Year 1|