Birmingham City University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
This flexible and wide-ranging course allows you to tailor your studies to your interests, from small business management to digital marketing.
With a wide range of modules to choose from, you’ll be able to follow a path that will lead to your future career, with previous students progressing into roles with high-profile organisations such as N Power and Zurich.
This is a unique way of gaining your degree, allowing you get to specialise your learning and choose your own bespoke timetable. There’s a lot of guidance from your tutor and we get great feedback on the support students get.
Business and administrative courses are in the top 12 degree subjects for getting a job according to the Telegraph. 85 per cent of business graduates nationwide go into work or further study within six months of finishing their degree.
By developing your own personal study programme, you’re showing employers that you’re really committed to those areas. Whatever you choose, you’ll get to apply the theory to practical experience and add that to your CV.
We find that employers regard this as really valuable in a graduate. Many of the students you work with will be doing a slightly different degree and will have come to it from a different route. This means you get to work with a whole range of interesting and diverse students. It’s great for networking, sharing ideas and learning from each other.
Subject to approval
This course is in the final stages of approval to ensure it meets the very highest standards of quality, creativity and applied learning.
For full details, visit our website.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Curzon Building Campus|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||Not accepted|
|A level||Not accepted|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||Not accepted|
|Access to HE Diploma||Not accepted|
|Scottish Higher||Not accepted|
Overall Merit profile for external applicants.
The qualification must be in a relevant subject area as assessed by the Admissions Tutor.
Acceptable qualifications for entry onto the top-up degree:
- 240 credits in a business related field. An overall module average of 55% in first and second year. Transferring students would need to have completed all the relevant modules already studied at levels 4 and 5 on our degree course. A transcript of modules studied will be required.
- HND: Overall Merit profile for external applicants and Franchise applicants, the HND must be in a relevant subject area.
- ABE Advanced Diploma: Must be in a relevant subject area. At least grade B in two module.
- Foundation degree: Must be in a relevant subject area. 240 credits of appropriate prior learning must be achieved (120 credits at level 4 and 120 credits at level 5) and minimum of 55% overall must be achieved.
GCSE English Language and Maths grade 4 or above or equivalents is also required. Must have been achieved at the point of enrolment.
Acceptable equivalents considered in lieu of GCSE mathematics or English language at grade C:
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificates in Adult Numeracy/ Adult Literacy
- Functional Skills/ Essential Skills level 2 Maths and English
- Key Skills level 2 Application of Number and Communication
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||with no less than 5.5 in any level|
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9,250||Year 1|