Students who take Classics at Lampeter UWTSD get the following benefits:
1. We provide the opportunity to study Greek and Latin in-depth, whether you already have a knowledge of the ancient languages or not. Students can learn Greek and Latin from complete beginners’ level, or continue their studies post-GCSE or A-Level.
2. An array of ancient texts are explored at advanced level, both prose and verse. Among the type of texts students will get the opportunity to study are the Theogony of Hesiod, Herodotus’ Histories, the Gallic Wars of Julius Caesar and the poetry of Statius.
3. All students taught in small interactive groups, in a friendly and supportive environment.
4. Students have the opportunity to study abroad opportunities with our partners at Bologna (Italy), Tarragona (Spain), MacEwan University (Canada), Nipissing University (Canada), and the University of North Carolina, Greensboro (USA).
5. Staff have teaching and research expertise in a wide array of areas from the poetry of Pindar, Ovid and Statius to Greek and Roman epigraphy.
6. Students have the opportunity to choose elective modules on the ancient world or from all other humanities subjects and topics.
Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
16 September 2019
This course allows students not only to study the fascinating world of Graeco-Roman Antiquity, with its culture, literary outputs and famous figures like Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar, but also to explore this through direct engagement with Greek and Latin texts and inscriptions. Students can really get to grips with the ancient world, not relying on translations by modern authors, but truly appreciate this material in a direct and unmediated way.
The programme is assessed in a variety of ways and will include several of the following type of assessment: essays of 1000 to 4000 words in length, document analyses, book reviews, short reports and reflective journals, timed tests, take home exams, field journals, posters, group and individual presentations, dissertations of 10,000 words, wikis, commentaries and film evaluations.
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Lampeter Campus|
The following entry points are available for this course:
|UCAS Tariff||96 points||Each individual case is taken on merit.|
|Channel Islands||£9,000||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,000||Year 1|