Cambridge Regional College has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
The BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma is a broad based practical business qualification which is intended for students who are seeking an alternative to a Foundation Degree or Degree and who wish to combine study and part-time work.
The course will be taught by lecturers who have relevant business experience. The team may be complemented by guest speakers who are also working within the related industry.
The BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma course is over 2 days each week.
Through the BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma course of study you will explore, challenge and develop your:
• key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required in your chosen business sector through work experience
• understanding of specialist areas e.g. financial resources, business environment, business ethics, managing financial resources, organisations and behaviour, marketing principles, human resource management, advertising and promotion in business management, costing and budgeting
• independent enquiry and study
• individual research to inform your own professional business practice and career choice
• vocational opportunities within the business sectors
• knowledge of wider self-employment skills e.g. intellectual property, tax, law, national insurance, accountancy, networking, advertising
• English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
• employability skills e.g. team building, leadership, advocacy, self-management, organisation, presentation, peer support as well as adaptability and problem-solving.
You will study a range of core and optional units. For example:
• Business and the Business Environment
• Management Accounting
• Human Resource Management
• Marketing Essentials
There are a further four units, which are at the discretion of the team.
This is classed as a full-time course – on successful completion of the first year of this course, you will gain a BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma. You can achieve a BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma by studying a further year on successful completion of the BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma. Home & EU students are eligible to apply for a full-time loan from Student Finance England.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2019.
If you already have a 2019 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice in Track – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|A level||2 A levels at a Pass grade|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||Level 3 Extended Diploma or other Vocational Diplomas|
|Access to HE Diploma||Access to Higher Education|