The Business Management Foundation Degree is for aspiring professionals who wish to develop a wide range of practical and employability skills in organisational planning and development, and gain experience in problem-solving for organisations.
What can I do after the course?
Develop your career by applying your enhanced skills at work
Start your own business
- Successful students are able to progress onto Westminster Kingsway College’s BA (Hons) Top Up degree in Business Strategy and Enterprise Management or programmes at other HE institutions subject to their entry requirements.
In Year 1 (Level 4), you will study 5 core 20-credit modules and 1 specialist 20-credit module: Study Skills & Personal Development; Business Environment and Law; Marketing Management; Introduction to Human Resources; Introduction to Finance; Quantitative Methods for Business & Management (specialist module).
In Year 2 (Level 5), you will study 6 20-credit modules, including the following core modules: Management in Organisations; Project Management; Developing Professional Practice; Small Business Management.
You will also choose from the following 20-credit modules: Gastronomy and Wine; E-Business and Digital Marketing; Event Management & Event Design; Visitor Attraction Management; Visual Merchandising & Psychology; Financial Management; Sustainable Development.
Module availability may be subject to change. The timetable will be available in August 2018.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Applicants who will be under 21 at the start of the course are required to:
- Have at least one GCE A-level pass, OR
- Have completed an appropriate full Level 3 qualification, such as Advanced GNVQ/ AVCE, NVQ, National Diplomas, Baccalaureate, Irish Leaving Certificate with passes in five subjects at higher level, passes in Open University courses or a merit profile for a recognised Access course
- Supporting passes at GCSE including English and Maths at Grade C (or Grade 5 equivalent)
- IELTS score of 6.0 with no skill below 5.5, or equivalent English qualification for International students
Mature applicants (21 years old or over at the start of the course) do not have to satisfy the same certificated qualifications entry criteria as college and school leavers. They will be able to discuss their application during an interview and will normally be expected to have:
- At least 3 years’ industry experience in a related field of study (Business, Tourism, Hospitality or Events) at supervisory or middle management level
- IELTS Level 6, or equivalent, English qualification (overseas learners)
- Equivalent GCSEs in English and Maths at Grade C (or Grade 5 equivalent)
- Completed a diagnostic assessment at point of interview
If applicants have significant professional or other qualifications and appropriate work experience they may be considered and are encouraged to apply, as will those wishing to formalise their experience or update their skills and knowledge. In addition, references and evidence of personal skills and qualities through a personal statement will be considered.
Additional entry requirements
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£5,990||Year 1|