Bangor University has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
Medical Biology forms the bridge between basic research and clinical medicine. It is the corner stone of modern health care and advanced drug development. You will learn about the cellular and genetic causes of major medical disorders such as cancer, psychiatric syndromes, autoimmune diseases, genetic disorders, as well as develop your knowledge of stem cell biology. You will study how major human diseases develop and explore the various ways in which medical disorders can be treated. The degree will take advantage of the expertise and facilities associated with the North West Cancer Research Institute.
For details of the modular structure, please see the course description on Bangor University's website.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||112 points||
Typical offer is based on a minimum of 112 tariff points from a Level 3 qualification* e.g.
• A Levels (including Biology and at least one other science from Chemistry (preferred), Medical Science, Physics or Maths).
• WJEC Medical Science Applied Diploma and Applied Certificate
• BTEC National/Extended Diploma and Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma: DMM (Biology and Chemistry modules required)
• International Baccalaureate Diploma: Including Biology and Chemistry (Preferred) at Higher Level
• Access: Only Science or Bioscience diplomas provide the necessary pre-requisite knowledge: Pass
• Welsh Baccalaureate
• Extended Project Qualification
• Key Skills and General Studies not accepted
International Candidates: school leaving qualifications and college diplomas are accepted from countries worldwide (subject to minimum English Language requirements), details at: www.bangor.ac.uk/international/applying/entryrequirements
We also welcome applications from mature applicants.
*For full details go to our website and for a full list of accepted Level 3 qualifications, go to www.ucas.com
|GCSE/National 4/National 5||Grade C/4 in English Language, Maths and Science|
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£9,000||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,000||Year 1|