FdA Illustration at Camberwell College of Arts focuses on contemporary industry practice in graphic image making. This course explores the expanding avenues of employment in animation, interactive media, publishing and motion graphics.
What can you expect?
• To develop a unique visual language that’s underpinned by an understanding of the commercial market place.
• To explore image making through a range of processes, from screen-based technologies to more traditional hands-on approaches.
• To work in a simulated design studio alongside FdA Graphic Design students, examining communication and management strategies necessary for successful team-working.
• To be taught creative processes and business skills in an industry context, including teamwork and project management, through work-based learning that involves research, report writing and either a work placement or live project.
• To build an understanding of technological developments, economic strategies, the contemporary market for illustration, contractual and legal conventions, ownership, workflow, production, marketing and promotion as their practice develops.
• To have access to Camberwell's shared workshops.
At the end of the year, students are given detailed guidance about how to appropriately approach employers. Students holding a Foundation degree (FdA) may also be considered for the third year bridging unit, which enables students to apply to the third year of the Camberwell BA Illustration course.
Work experience and opportunities
FdA Illustration students get to work with Camberwell’s partners from the illustration industry, taking part in simulated live projects facilitated and supervised by a professional design studio that has previously included onedotzero, Kin and Moving Brands.
About Camberwell College of Arts
Camberwell College of Arts is internationally regarded for the outstanding quality of its courses, staff and facilities.
It is a unique place to study with a strong sense of community, which encourages students to rethink current practices and cultivate their own style.
Camberwell has had major investment over the last couple of years, with a new academic building and halls of residence on campus, transforming it into a 21st century art school embedded in its local, national and international communities, and dedicated to driving forward positive social change through art and design.
Foundation Degree in Arts - FdA
Camberwell College of Arts
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Camberwell College of Arts|
This means the year in which you would like to start the course.
‘Year 1’ means you will start in the first year.
‘Year 0’ means you will enter onto a foundation year.
You may be able to start some courses in the second or third years, if you meet certain criteria. You will need to discuss this with the university or college directly.
The following entry points are available for this course:
|Channel Islands||£9,250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,250||Year 1|