Bangor University has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
This single honours degree, taught predominantly within the School of Ocean Sciences, provides an in-depth study of the important processes in the oceans, shelf seas and estuaries. The course combines detailed study of life in the sea, from the smallest bacteria to the largest mammals, with a specialised understanding of their physical and chemical environments: the currents, tides and waves, and the biogeochemical interactions within the atmosphere, ocean and sea floor.
For details of the modular structure, please see the course description on Bangor University's website.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||120 points||
Typical offer is based on a minimum 120 tariff points from a Level 3 qualification* e.g.
• A Levels (including Biology and usually 1 other science subject Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Geography, Geology, Environmental Science/Studies, Economics, Psychology; excluding General Studies)
• International Baccalaureate Diploma (including Biology)
• BTEC National/Extended Diploma in Applied Science**: DDM
• City & Guilds Advanced Technical / Extended Diploma in Environmental Conservation or Countryside & Environmental**: Distinction
• Access to HE Science**: Pass
** Similar subject areas may be considered on a case by case basis
• Welsh Baccalaureate is accepted
• Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma is not accepted
International Candidates: school leaving qualifications and college diplomas are accepted from countries worldwide (subject to minimum English Language requirements), details at: www.bangor.ac.uk/international/applying/entryrequirements
We also welcome applications from mature applicants
*For full details go to our website and for a full list of accepted Level 3 qualifications, go to www.ucas.com
|GCSE/National 4/National 5||Grade C/4 in English, Maths and Double Award Science|
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£9,000||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,000||Year 1|