BA (Hons) Animation is a practice-led course, enabling you to choose one of four specialist pathways that reflect industry specialisms; Animation Arts, 3D Computer Animation, Visual Effects (VFX) and Games Arts. You will start by learning the fundamental skills and principles of animation in an intensive and collaborative setting where you’ll develop knowledge and understanding of the whole production process.
After your first year, you’ll choose one of four pathways to develop your area of expertise:
• BA (Hons) Animation: Animation Arts
• BA (Hons) Animation: 3D Computer Animation
• BA (Hons) Animation: Visual Effects (VFX)
• BA (Hons) Animation: Game Arts
This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant & Castle, part of University of the Arts London (UAL).
What can you expect?
• Industry-led and mentored live projects and competitions are delivered in collaboration with external industry partners. This will give you the opportunity to practice your skills in a professional context and to build a strong portfolio of work.
• You’ll be taught drawing as a key skill that informs all aspects of your subject knowledge and technical expertise. The course also places a strong emphasis on developing your communication and presentation skills, giving you the confidence to articulate your ideas to colleagues and clients in a professional context.
• The course will prepare you for progression into jobs in animation or related time-based media production, usually in a freelance capacity. London is now a recognised hub of media employment. As one of few courses of its kind in Greater London, the course uses its location as a key asset. You’ll benefit from access to the specialist creative industries, other Colleges within the University, as well as a network of professionals and key industry partners. Previous course industry partners include Channel 4, MTV, National Trust, All Saints Records, Marmite, The Royal Society, Horniman Museum, Tate, Paperchase, Hostelworld, Protein Dance, Nutkhut, V&A Museum of Childhood, Westfield and The Rivers Trust.
About London College of Communication (LCC)
The LCC experience is all about learning by doing. As an LCC student, you’ll get your hands dirty and develop your skills in outstanding technical spaces. Our facilities are at an industry standard and include photographic and television studios, darkrooms, 3D workshop, prototyping lab, gallery spaces, printing studios, and newsrooms.
Our courses are industry focused and you’ll be taught by an inspiring community of experienced academics, technical experts, and leading specialist practitioners within our Design School, Media School and Screen School.
We offer a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in subjects such as journalism, advertising, Public Relations and publishing, photography, film, television and sound, graphic communication, illustration and visual communication, animation, games, design management, branded spaces and interactive and information design.
Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
London College of Communication
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||London College of Communication|
This means the year in which you would like to start the course.
‘Year 1’ means you will start in the first year.
‘Year 0’ means you will enter onto a foundation year.
You may be able to start some courses in the second or third years, if you meet certain criteria. You will need to discuss this with the university or college directly.
The following entry points are available for this course:
|UCAS Tariff||64 points|
|Channel Islands||£9,250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,250||Year 1|