A widely-recognised and highly-valued business qualification that enables you to develop a range of skills and gain relevant experience necessary to progress a career in business.
In addition to developing a set of key skills valued by employers the course provides a solid platform for further study in the subject area.
The course includes the key business areas of marketing, human resource management, and finance, as well as the operational and planning associated with business decision making
The programme is designed to prepare and develop people for advancement in business management.
The HNC is a recognised and valued higher education qualification. On achieving the HNC qualification, graduates may continue academic study to an HND in Business and then BA (Hons) degree. Alternatively students may move into employment in a range of business organisations and roles.
The HNC is a broad-based business qualification and consists of the following modules: Core modules: - Marketing Essentials, Business Environment, Human Resource Management, Management and Operations, Management Accounting and Managing a Successful Business. In addition to the six core modules there are two optional modules. These include Business Law, Innovation and Commercialisation, Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management and Financial Accounting.
This course is validated by Edexcel and delivered over two years on one day per week. The programme is run on a 4 semester basis from September to June.
Your work will be continually assessed throughout the course. The assessment will depend upon the particular module being studied. Typical assessment methods include assignments, developing portfolios, examinations and presentations.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2019.
If you already have a 2019 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice in Track – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course is open to international applicants.
• One A Level or BTEC National Diploma / Certificate / GNVQ Advanced or Relevant work experience in a responsible business department role.
• GCSEs for English and maths at grade C/4 or above however equivalent qualifications and/or work experience will be taken into consideration.
• Applicants without GCSEs will be required to complete initial assessments and may wish to consider the part time GCSE courses that the college offers both during the evening and daytime.
• Accreditation may be given for relevant work experience or prior learning for mature learners.
• To be able to study on this course you will need to have reached a certain standard of speaking English –please refer to the Course Specification for the IELTS requirement for your individual course. Please see www.shrewsbury.ac.uk/courses/international_students_esol
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6,500||Year 1|