City of Liverpool College has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
The HNC in Manufacturing Engineering provides a specialist work-related programme of study that covers the key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required in the Manufacturing Engineering sector. In this pathway student takes four mandatory core units, two specialist units and an additional two optional units.
The course will:
• provide preparation for a range of technical and management careers in engineering
• provide specialised studies which are directly relevant to individual vocations and professions in which students are currently working or in which they intend to seek employment
• enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment
• provide flexibility, knowledge, skills and motivation as a basis for progression to graduate and postgraduate studies
• develop the range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes which are essential for successful performance in working life.
In this pathway student takes four mandatory core units, two specialist units and an additional two optional units.
Mandatory Core Units: Engineering Design, Engineering Maths, Engineering Science, Managing a Professional Engineering Project.
Mandatory Specialist units: Production Engineering for Manufacture, Quality and Process Improvement.
Optional Units: Mechanical Principles, CAD for Maintenance Engineers
Assessment of the course is through practical activities, activity write-ups, coursework reports and project reports and presentations.
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications from Tier 4 international students. For more information, please contact the course provider.
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Vauxhall Road Centre|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||96 points||
For students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
● A* to C grade in GCSE Maths
● BTEC Level 3 qualification in Engineering (MPP Grade)
● GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This should be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent)
● other related Level 3 qualifications
● Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
● related work experience
● an international equivalent of the above.
Applicants should hold a total UCAS Tariff points score from relevant qualifications of at least 96 points.
Additional entry requirements
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6,313||Year 1|
Additional fee information
The Learning Exchange
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Detail
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Higher Education Admissions
Fax: 0151 252 3351