Awarded by: Pearson Education Ltd
The HNC in Manufacturing Engineering provides a specialist work-related programme of study that covers the key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required in the Manufacturing Engineering sector. In this pathway student takes four mandatory core units, two specialist units and an additional two optional units.
The course will:
• provide preparation for a range of technical and management careers in engineering
• provide specialised studies which are directly relevant to individual vocations and professions in which students are currently working or in which they intend to seek employment
• enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment
• provide flexibility, knowledge, skills and motivation as a basis for progression to graduate and postgraduate studies
• develop the range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes which are essential for successful performance in working life.
Higher National Certificate - HNC
Vauxhall Road Centre
In this pathway student takes four mandatory core units, two specialist units and an additional two optional units.
Mandatory Core Units: Engineering Design, Engineering Maths, Engineering Science, Managing a Professional Engineering Project.
Mandatory Specialist units: Production Engineering for Manufacture, Quality and Process Improvement.
Optional Units: Mechanical Principles, CAD for Maintenance Engineers
Assessment of the course is through practical activities, activity write-ups, coursework reports and project reports and presentations.
This course is not accepting applications from Tier 4 international students. For more information, please contact the course provider.
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Vauxhall Road Centre|
This means the year in which you would like to start the course.
‘Year 1’ means you will start in the first year.
‘Year 0’ means you will enter onto a foundation year.
You may be able to start some courses in the second or third years, if you meet certain criteria. You will need to discuss this with the university or college directly.
The following entry points are available for this course:
|UCAS Tariff||96 points||
For students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
● A* to C grade in GCSE Maths
● BTEC Level 3 qualification in Engineering (MPP Grade)
● GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This should be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent)
● other related Level 3 qualifications
● Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
● related work experience
● an international equivalent of the above.
Applicants should hold a total UCAS Tariff points score from relevant qualifications of at least 96 points.
Criminal records declaration (Disclosure Scotland)
|Northern Ireland||£6,313||Year 1|