University Centre at Salford City College has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
This exciting and intensive course is aimed at those who are looking to pursue a career in health fitness and exercise, and you will study at our Eccles Centre, which has brand new state of-the-art fitness suite, plus a 3G pitch and sports hall.
During the course you will develop your knowledge and understanding of testing, improving and maintaining fitness for sport and exercise. Alongside your course you will be offered the opportunity to study professional qualifications required for jobs in the sport and leisure industry.
• Training and Fitness for Sport and Exercise
• Health Promotion
• Physical Activity, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
• Anatomy and Physiology for Sport and Exercise
• Nutrition for Sport and Exercise
• Field Based Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
• Exercise Prescription • Sport and Exercise for Specific Groups
You will also study the following professional qualifications:
• Level 2 Gym Instructor
• Emergency First Aid
You will be assessed on a continuous basis throughout the year. Assessment will include presentations, health and fitness testing and lab work, written coursework and project work and the development of work based portfolios/ observation of work placements.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Eccles Sixth Form College|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
|UCAS Tariff||48 - 64 points|
You will need to have at least one of the following:
• 48-64 UCAS tariff points
• A GCE Advanced Level Profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject
• A minimum of three GCSEs at Grade C/4-5 or above including Maths and English
• A Level 3 related qualification
• An award of a full Access Certificate by a licensed Access Validating Agency
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£7,500||Year 1|