If you have a passion for mathematics and would like to explore this subject both in breadth and depth, then you should consider this integrated undergraduate Master’s course. You’ll benefit from Master's level content that will equip you with analytical problem-solving skills and many other transferable skills that are highly valued by a wide range of industries. Additionally, in your third year you will have the opportunity to undertake a year-long work placement in industry.
After providing a solid foundation, beyond year two the course offers optionality in statistics, and both pure and applied mathematics, which enables you to mould your course to your own interests. The final year includes a Master's level project, which is complemented by specialised research-led optional modules. These advanced options include data analysis and cryptography, which prepare you to excel in a world dominated by big data and cyber security, and options from high employment sectors such as Mathematical biology. This means that you'll graduate with excellent understanding and future prospects.
• • Why study Mathematics at Nottingham Trent University? • •
• We’ve got a great reputation. We’re consistently rated as one of the best new universities in the UK and that’s not all, 100% of mathematics students would also recommend studying at NTU (National Student Survey 2017).
• We have inspiring learning environments. You'll benefit from our multi award-winning Pavilion building, which was the 2017 Guardian University Awards winner for Buildings that Inspire.
• We’ve got an excellent employability record. Over 97% of NTU graduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving.
• We’re one of the top universities for offering placements. Our courses offer the opportunity to apply for a placement in the UK or abroad, and for summer scholarships on a research project or in local schools, each giving you real-life experience that employers are looking for. Recent placements include IBM, Volkswagen group and ASOS, as well as Governmental departments like DWP and ONS.
• We provide innovative accredited courses. Our pioneering courses and research are carried out in close collaboration with university and industry partners worldwide, giving our students skills and knowledge which are highly relevant to the needs of academia and industry. The course is accredited by the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, which will help you on your way to Chartered Mathematician status.
• Take your studies to a higher level. This Master's level course allows you to take your interest and passion for mathematics to a higher level - great if you want to pursue a career in research, undertake a PhD or simply stand out from the crowd.
Master of Mathematics - MMath (Hons)
21 September 2018
This course has limited vacancies, and is no longer accepting applications from some students. See the list below for where you normally live, to check if you’re eligible to apply.
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Clifton Campus|
The following entry points are available for this course:
|UCAS Tariff||128 points|
|A level||128 UCAS Tariff points from four qualifications (two of which must be A-level equivalent including A-level Maths grade A)|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||DDD||including relevant Maths modules|
|Access to HE Diploma||Pass your Access course with 60 credits overall with a minimum of 45 credits at level 3, including relevant Maths modules|
|GCSE/National 4/National 5||
GCSE English grade C/4 or equivalent
GCSE Maths grade C/4 or equivalent
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||128 UCAS tariff points from your BTEC level 3 National Diploma and up to two qualifications including A-level Maths grade A|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)||128 UCAS tariff points from your BTEC level 3 National Extended Certificate and up to three qualifications, which must include A-level Maths grades A|
We also consider equivalent qualifications and combinations. Please contact Nottingham Trent University Admissions team for further information.
|Channel Islands||£9,250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,250||Year 1|