University of Northampton has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
Do you have the compassion to care for people at the most vulnerable time of their lives? Do you have the courage to deal with difficult situations? Have you the commitment we need to enter adult nursing? If you show us that you have the care, compassion, courage, commitment and communication skills that we need to support and work with adults in nursing we will work with you to develop the competence to do so.
Our three year undergraduate nursing course will give you the ability to cope with a demanding and satisfying profession leading to BSc Nursing (Hons) and registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). Our programme is structured to give you a strong foundation in adult nursing with skills based upon the theory taught at the University and clinical placements. If you have the capabilities and compassion to study to become an Adult nurse, we want to hear from you.
By studying at the University of Northampton, you can be sure that:
You will experience student life at the University’s £330 million Waterside Campus. Come along to an Open Day and find out more.
Students enrolling on this course at Northampton will be provided with their own brand new laptop* to keep at no additional cost. All sports clubs and societies are free to join at Northampton and every essential course text book is available via the library, meaning you won’t have to purchase copies. For more information on this visit our website (northampton.ac.uk/benefits).
Based on the evidence available, the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Panel judged that the University of Northampton delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK.
Our expert academics teach in small groups supported with one to one assistance. Our academics and students form a tight bond, providing individualised support and guidance whilst challenging students academically.
- We invest more money into your education than 90% of Universities in the UK**
Whatever your ambitions, we’re here to help you to achieve them. We’ll support you to identify the skills you’re learning during your course, find your strengths and secure practical experience so that when it comes to applying for jobs or further study you’ll feel confident in standing out from the crowd.
The Northampton Employment Promise
- In fact, we’re so confident in our careers and employability support that if you achieve at least a 2:2 degree and complete either our Employability Plus Gold programme or achieve a Changemaker Gold Certificate during your time studying with us, but still haven’t secured full-time employment 12 months after graduating, we will secure a three – six month paid internship for you or support you into postgraduate study.
✱ terms and conditions apply. See northampton.ac.uk/benefits for more information
✱✱ source: Guardian University League Table 2020.
• Discovering My Identity as a Nurse (compulsory)
• Professionalism and Public Protection in Nursing (compulsory)
• Exploring the Evidence Base for Nursing (compulsory)
• Developing Competence in Safe, Effective Administration and Optimization of Medicines (compulsory)
• Guided Participation in Nursing Care (compulsory)
• Constructing and Developing My Nursing Identity (compulsory)
• Applying Understanding of Nursing Professionalism and Protection of the Public in Nursing (compulsory)
• Interpreting the Evidence Base Influencing Adult Nursing (compulsory)
• Demonstrating Continuing Competence in the Safe, Effective Administration and Optimization of Medicines (compulsory)
• Active Participation in Nursing Care (compulsory)
• Transforming and Innovating Adult Nursing (compulsory)
• Developing My Nurse Identity Towards Becoming a Registrant (compulsory)
• Becoming a Professional, Responsible, and Accountable Registered Nurse (compulsory)
• Demonstrating Competence and Confidence in Safe, Effective Administration and Optimization of Medicines and the Health - Numeracy Assessment (compulsory)
• Leading and Coordinating Adult Nursing Care (compulsory).
Module information is quoted for 2018/19 entry. Please note that modules run subject to student numbers and staff availability, any changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly.
All assessment is marked in accordance with University regulations. All external examiners are registered nurses who also hold recordable teaching qualifications approved by the NMC.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||112 points|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||DMM|
|Access to HE Diploma||M: 30 credits|
|Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal||M2, M3, M3|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme||25 points|
|Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)||H3, H3, H3, H3|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||D*D*||Accepted at DM with an BTEC Subsidiary Diploma or Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma at Merit, or with an A-level at C.|
GCSE Mathematics, English Language and Science at grade 4 (or C) or equivalent qualifications required. Key Skills level 2 Application of number is accepted in place of Mathematics and Communication in place of English Language..
Additional entry requirements
Institutions Own Test (IOT)
Numeracy and literacy test at interview.
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£9,250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
The University of Northampton
Clearing contact details
8.00 am to 5.00 pm
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0300 303 2772