University of the Arts London has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
BA Product and Furniture Design at Chelsea College of Arts offers you the chance to explore our social, physical and emotional connection to objects.
The course puts making at the centre of design production. This ensures you develop your practical skills. You will combine these with a critical and investigative approach to objects.
N.B. This course was previously called BA 3D Design and taught at Camberwell College of Arts.
What you can expect:
• To develop an interdisciplinary approach to design. This will draw on anthropology, craft production, fine art and interior design
• To focus on small batch production and the one-off within design
• A programme of visiting speakers made up of practicing designers and makers
• Live projects with community, cultural and industry partners. The course has worked with hospitals, museums, community centres, parks and manufacturing companies
• A series of visits to cultural venues and establishments in London and further afield
• To develop and produce a professional portfolio that will help your future career
• To have access to Chelsea's shared workshops. These include laser cutting, photography, metalwork, woodwork and audio-visual editing suite.
About Chelsea College of Arts
Chelsea College of Arts is one of London's most prestigious art and design colleges. The College offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in curating and collections, fine art, graphic design communication, textile design, product and furniture design, interior design, and interior & spatial design.
The College's small size and supportive atmosphere creates an exciting community of creative students and staff. You will learn the practical, theoretical and professional elements of your subject from our expert staff. Chelsea College of Arts is a place where experimentation, ideas and concepts are encouraged to develop.
The College's Grade ll listed Pimlico site, located in central London overlooks the Tate Britain and the River Thames. It has excellent workshops, extensive library facilities, a canteen and an onsite gallery, Chelsea Space.
The College’s alumni include Anish Kapoor, Steve McQueen, Haroon Mirza, Mariko Mori, Mike Nelson, Chris Ofili, James Richards, Mark Wallinger, Gillian Wearing and Tatty Devine co-founders, Harriet Vine and Rosie Wolfenden.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Chelsea College of Arts|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||Grades CC from two full A-levels|
|A level||Grades CC from two full A-levels|
Fees and funding
|England||£9,250 *||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,250 *||Year 1|
|Scotland||£9,250 *||Year 1|
|Wales||£9,250 *||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.