A widely-recognised and highly-valued business qualification that enables you to develop a range of skills and gain relevant experience necessary to progress a career in business.
In addition to developing a set of key skills valued by employers the course provides a solid platform for further study in the subject area.
The course includes the key business areas of marketing, human resource management, and finance, as well as the operational and planning associated with business decision making
The programme is designed to prepare and develop people for advancement in business management as well as other business related pathways.
On completion graduates may continue academic study towards a BA (Hons) degree. Alternatively students may decide to move directly into employment in a range of business organisations and related roles.
The varied mix of modules studied means this course will prepare students for a diverse range of employment and further study options in subjects such as Marketing, Event Management, Accounting, Business Management and more.
Year 1: Core modules: - Marketing Essentials, Business Environment, Human Resource Management, Management and Operations, Management Accounting and Managing a Successful Business. In addition to the six core modules there are two optional modules. These could include Business Law, Innovation and Commercialisation, Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management and Financial Accounting.
Year 2: Core modules: - Research Project and Organisational Behaviour. There are five optional modules which could include Statistics for Management, Business Strategy, Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations, Consumer Behaviour and Insight and Pitching and Negotiating Skills.
This course is validated by Edexcel and delivered over two years on one day per week. The programme is run on a 4 semester basis from September to June. Your work will be continually assessed throughout the course. The assessment will depend upon the particular module being studied. Typical assessment methods include assignments, developing portfolios, examinations and presentations.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Open to International applicants for a fee of £9,250. There is also a £150 fee for helping to arrange accommodation.
• One A Level or BTEC National Diploma / Certificate / GNVQ Advanced or Relevant work experience in a responsible business department role.
• GCSEs for English and maths at grade C/4 or above however equivalent qualifications and/or work experience will be taken into consideration.
• Applicants without GCSEs will be required to complete initial assessments and may wish to consider the part time GCSE courses that the college offers both during the evening and daytime.
• Accreditation may be given for relevant work experience or prior learning for mature learners.
• To be able to study on this course you will need to have reached a certain standard of speaking English –please refer to the Course Specification for the IELTS requirement for your individual course.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6,500||Year 1|