University of Cumbria has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
Acquire practical knowledge of the technical skills and creative processes of the disciplines of Acting Dance, Musical Theatre and Production as four strands of Performing Arts, demonstrating an appropriate range of technical competencies needed to complete the programme (aka Year-1 of ‘4-Year Extended Degree’) of study.
• Develop fundamental knowledge of historical contexts and perspectives of discipline specific forms.
. • Develop the analytical and critical thinking skills of a reflective practitioner in relation to selected texts and performance practice.
• Achieve core technical and creative skills and competencies in discipline specific practice (Dance, Musical Theatre, Acting and Production. )
• Explore and demonstrate understanding and skills in cross arts collaboration.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of different methods of working in professional practice; directed, devised, collaborative, group work and individual study.
• Learn and apply relevant skills of scholarship and academic writing
• Develop research, writing and presentation skills in order to present information, argument and evidence in a coherent and cogent manner.
• Prepare, through combination of the above, for onward progression to one of the following BA Honours degree programmes in Dance, Acting, Musical Theatre and Performing Arts.
Coursework - may include written tasks and assignments, reports, dissertations, portfolios, project work = 50% or the integrated foundation year. Practical exams - may include practical skills assessment, oral assessment, presentations = 50% or the integrated foundation year.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Carlisle - Brampton Road|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||56 - 72 points|
|A level||CD - DDD|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MPP - MMP|
|Access to HE Diploma||
M: 21 credits
P: 24 credits
|Scottish Higher||DDDD - CCDD|
Additional entry requirements
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6,000||Year 1|