With an emphasis on the social and cultural impact of digital media forms, BA (Hons) Media Communications examines the technologies, practices and policies that drive modern media communications. You will develop a critical understanding of new communications technologies through content production and by stimulating debate. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant & Castle, part of University of the Arts London.
What can you expect?
• You can expect to gain an in-depth understanding of current theories of the media, with an emphasis on the social and cultural impact of digital media forms, e.g. social and interactive media.
• The rapid growth of media platforms, such as open source software and social network sites, creates new opportunities for participation and dramatically changes the way users communicate and exchange information.
• The course will encourage you to develop a critical understanding of these communication technologies through content production and by stimulating debate.
• Applied skills such as image manipulation, editing and working with layout software will be taught, so that you’re able to produce audio-visual texts for publication on the web. You’ll become familiar with camera and audio recording equipment to create and store original material.
• Different styles of writing are also practised so that you will be proficient in drafting accompanying text, whatever the context.
• On a theoretical level, you will engage in the latest debates concerning the cultural, social and economic issues that shape the way meaning is produced and circulated, and the many issues that intersect within this academic investigation.
• You will leave the course able to select the best platform to disseminate content to intended audiences and become familiar with project planning, budgeting and financial management including the production of timelines.
• Finally, this course will train you to successfully pitch and present your ideas.
About London College of Communication (LCC)
The LCC experience is all about learning by doing. As an LCC student, you’ll get your hands dirty and develop your skills in outstanding technical spaces. Our facilities are at an industry standard and include photographic and television studios, darkrooms, 3D workshop, prototyping lab, gallery spaces, printing studios, and newsrooms.
Our courses are known for being industry focused and you’ll be taught by an inspiring community of experienced academics, technical experts, and leading specialist practitioners within our Design School, Media School and Screen School.
We offer a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in subjects such as journalism, advertising, public relations and publishing, photography, film, television and sound, graphic communication, illustration and visual communication, animation, games, design management, branded spaces and interactive and information design.
Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
London College of Communication
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||London College of Communication|
This means the year in which you would like to start the course.
‘Year 1’ means you will start in the first year.
‘Year 0’ means you will enter onto a foundation year.
You may be able to start some courses in the second or third years, if you meet certain criteria. You will need to discuss this with the university or college directly.
The following entry points are available for this course:
|Northern Ireland||£9,250||Year 1|