Cambridge Regional College has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
This is a part time/day release course over 3 years of study. To gain the qualification 15 units need to be completed and 240 credits need to be achieved. This Degree is designed for those students with level 3 qualifications (such as BTEC or A level) and mature Learners (25+). The aims of the Foundation Degree awards in the Construction area are:
• To provide students with language, knowledge and practical skills demanded by their mode of employment and seek to make interconnections between the academic and industrial worlds.
• To develop students' ability to select and use appropriate procedures, systems and techniques within the Built Environment.
• To enable students to solve technical, economic and organisational problems in the context of the Built Environment.
• To encourage students to communicate effectively in spoken, written and graphical forms and be able to present complex concepts to clients and other groups of people, connected with the construction industry.
• To encourage students to show high levels of motivation, initiative, flexibility, self-reliance and the ability to establish priorities so that objectives can be realised in diverse and rapidly changing construction related environments.
• To stimulate a sense of enquiry and reflective self-analysis to serve as a basis for continuing professional development.
This course is made up of the following units:
Year 1 -
Elements of Construction Design
IT and Communication
Elementary Survey Skills
Year 2 -
The Built Environment Work Sector
Introduction to Civil Law and Legislation
Work Based Learning A in the built environment
Work Related Learning and the Built Environment
Site Management and Safety
Year 3 -
Work Based Learning B in the Built Environment
Construction Resource Management
Advanced Construction Technology
Construction Planning and Programming
Environmental Building Performance
Please note - units are subject to change.
All units will be internally assessed using predominantly coursework, short tests, assignments, etc. Work will be graded according to the following calibration.
A = 70% or more
B = 60% - 69%
C = 50% - 59%
D = 40% - 49%
E = 35% - 39%
U = 34% and under
How to apply
To apply for this course you will be taken to the provider's website, where you can find out more information and make an application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|A level||One A Level, supported by passes at Grade 4 (C) or above in four other subjects at GCSE|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma, Diploma and Subsidiary Diploma|
|Access to HE Diploma||An accredited Access certificated|
Employment as a trainee in the professional/technical areas of construction
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£3,995||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£3,995||Year 1|