Are you UA92?
This University Academy 92 (UA92) course is accredited by Lancaster University and delivered by UA92 at the UA92 campus in Manchester. For more information, take a look at our website: www.ua92.ac.uk
Our Sport Management programme will attract applicants who have ambitions to develop a successful managerial career in sport, leisure and recreation industries.
The importance of sport and recreation in all areas of life is now recognised not only in terms of our health and well-being, but also as a highly profitable business sector.
This programme aims to:
• provide you with the knowledge and skills to develop the critical understanding and professional knowledge to take up a managerial position in the ever-expanding sport and activity industry.
• develop rounded graduates equipped to manage effectively with the knowledge of contemporary issues and challenges associated with modern sport.
• provide detailed knowledge and understanding of developing and delivering community sport and activity.
• develop and manage appropriate structures and environments for elite sport.
• ensure graduates can operate as credible and high integrity professionals in the contemporary sports industry, able to tackle new challenges as they emerge.
• provide a detailed understanding of the challenges and opportunities of working with information systems and the human aspects of systems.
In addition, this course will:
• Equip graduates with the critical thinking and academic skills necessary to undertake research, develop advanced practice and progress to postgraduate study.
• provide a focus on character and personal development with specific attention to cognitive, emotional and social intelligence and awareness of physical and mental well-being to develop graduates as resilient problem solvers, reflective practitioners, effective communicators and lifelong learners.
YEAR 1 SUBJECT MODULES
-Introduction to Business
-Introduction to Sport Management and Marketing
-Introduction to Sport and Exercise Psychology
-Sport Event Management
YEAR 2 SUBJECT MODULES
-Sport Law and Ethics
-Sport Policy and Development
YEAR 3 SUBJECT MODULES
-Contemporary Issues in Sport Management
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
You are viewing a course summary page, please select a course option to see the application codes
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
In addition to meeting the academic criteria, if your first language is not English, you may be asked for a recognised English language qualification. This is especially important if you are not a national of a majority English speaking country or you haven't completed a degree in English. If you are an international student, in order to obtain a Tier 4 student visa, you are required to demonstrate that you have the correct level of English language competency to study in the UK.
|UCAS Tariff||104 points|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||DMM|
|Access to HE Diploma||P: 45 credits|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme||28 points||With 14 from Higher Level Subjects|
We also require GCSE at grade C/4, including Maths and English.
We will operate a flexible admission policy and treat all students individually. We will look at your application as a whole, and give careful consideration to your educational achievements and predicted grades (where applicable), as well as your personal statement and work experience.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9,000||Year 1|