UCEN Manchester (The Manchester College) has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
The objectives of the BTEC Higher Nationals in Hospitality Management are as
• To provide an exciting, stimulating and challenging programme of study in Hospitality that combines subject knowledge and industry experience that is both responsive to the constantly evolving needs of students and employers.
• To equip students with hospitality skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global hospitality environment.
• To enrich the student experience through a diverse and innovative programme of study that stems from a vocational and technical perspective.
• To empower students through the study of core themes in management, leadership, innovation and entrepreneurship to maximise employability.
• To provide education and training for a range of careers in hospitality, including food and beverage management, hotel management, kitchen management, facilities management and events management.
• To provide insight and understanding into the diversity of roles within the hospitality industry, recognising the importance of networking and collaboration at all levels.
• To equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse organisations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values.
• To provide opportunities for students to enter or progress in employment in hospitality, or progress to higher education qualifications such as an Honours degree in hospitality or a related area.
• To provide opportunities for students to develop the skills, techniques and personal attributes essential for successful working lives.
• To support students to understand the local, regional and global context of the hospitality sector and support those students with a global outlook, to aspire to international career pathways.
• To provide students with opportunities to address contemporary issues facing the industry, and society at large; with particular emphasis on sustainability and the environment, globalisation and the impact of digital technology.
• To provide opportunities for students to achieve a nationally-recognised professional qualification within their chosen area of specialisation.
• To offer students the chance of career progression in their chosen field, with particular emphasis on achieving management-level positions, professional recognition and beyond.
• To allow flexibility of study and to meet local or specialist needs.
• To offer a balance between employability skills and the knowledge essential for students with entrepreneurial, employment or academic aspirations.
• To provide students with opportunities to engage in an industry-recognised apprenticeship scheme for Hospitality Manager that aligns with their employer’s needs and their own career aspirations.
• To provide students with the context in which to consider professional ethics and their relation to personal, professional and statutory responsibilities within the industry.
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications from Tier 4 international students. For more information, please contact the course provider.
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Fielden Campus|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
UCEN Manchester is unable to consider international applications due to UKVI regulations.
|UCAS Tariff||48 points|
We strongly recommend that all applicants have GCSE English Language and Mathematics grades A*-C or level 9-4.
Applicants who do not meet the standard entry criteria but have previous learning towards a degree-level qualification or relevant industry or life experience will be considered on an individual basis and may be invited to interview.
Fees and funding
Tuition feesNo fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Ashton Old Road
Course contact details
UCEN Manchester Admissions Department
Course Enquiry Team
03333 222 444
International Admissions Office