University of the Arts London has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
BA (Hons) User Experience Design is a practice-led and digitally focused course that explores the various dimensions of designing for user experience. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant and Castle, part of University of the Arts London (UAL).
Why choose this course at London College of Communication
• You will discover the significant role design has in crafting the digital interfaces, platforms and emerging technologies that impact our daily lives.
• Learn to specialise in the use of a various techniques, methods and materials that enable you to be a hands-on creative practitioner and maker.
• You will build interfaces using prototyping tools and web technologies, master and manipulate data with code and create sensor-driven interactive environments and artefacts.
• You will be encouraged to develop as an individual and practitioner through challenging briefs and contact with highly skilled staff, numerous visiting lecturers and industry partners.
• Throughout the course you will develop a rigorous foundation of knowledge and critical analysis skills that enable you to contribute to debates on contemporary issues in design and wider fields.
What can you expect?
You will learn to use code, data and other digital materials alongside traditional design methods to realise your creative ambitions. This comprehensive design practice will enable you to design, prototype and build user interfaces, data visualisations, responsive installation pieces and other user-driven interactive experiences. You will also have the opportunity and support to address emerging technologies such as extended reality (XR), wearable technology, digital fabrication and artificial intelligence within a design context. The course encourages a rigorous approach to research, encouraging a deep knowledge of existing digital technologies, platforms and tools - asking how or why they are used and what the resulting personal and social implications are.
About London College of Communication
London College of Communication is for the curious, the brave and the committed: those who want to transform themselves and the world around them. Through a diverse, world-leading community of teaching, research and partnerships with industry, we enable our students to succeed as future-facing creatives in the always-evolving design, media and screen industries. The London College of Communication experience is all about learning by doing. Our students get their hands dirty and develop their skills through the exploration of our facilities and technical spaces. Students work on live briefs and commissions, with everything from independent start-ups and charities in Southwark, through to major global companies, including Penguin, the National Trust and Royal Mail, to name a few.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
You are viewing a course summary page, please select a course option to see the application codes
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||64 UCAS tariff points from at least two A-levels or other full Level 3 qualification.|
Fees and funding
|England||£9,250 *||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,250 *||Year 1|
|Scotland||£9,250 *||Year 1|
|Wales||£9,250 *||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.