Nottingham Trent University has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
You will acquire the skills to become an independent learner and gain advanced skills in specialised areas such as artificial intelligence, cloud computing, advanced analysis and design, embedded systems and programming. A group project to manage and deliver significant multi-disciplinary engineering project will help you to further develop your communication, project management and team-working skills. In addition you will undertake a substantive individual project where you will be required to develop software or hardware in an innovative manner.
• • Why study Computer Science at Nottingham Trent University? • •
• We’ve got an excellent employability record. Over 96% of NTU graduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving.
• We’re one of the top universities for offering placements. All courses offer the opportunity to get work experience giving you the real-life experience employers are looking for. Recent placements include Schlumberger (Oslo), Compliance Control Ltd, Oxford Council, Vauxhall, DSTL, Amadeus and Prime Principle.
• We’re delivering research with impact – our Computing and Technology staff contribute to research activity in a number of areas. NTU has recently been awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for research – the highest award achievable.
• We provide innovative courses. We hold accreditations from the BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, guaranteeing that our courses are relevant to industry.
• We have inspiring learning environments. You’ll also have access to specialist centres which have facilities including games console labs, networking and security labs, human-interactive technology and stereo-projection.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Clifton Campus|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||128 points||including an IT, Maths or Science subject.|
|A level||ABB||128 UCAS Tariff points from three A-Levels or equivalent qualifications, including an A-level grade B in an IT, Maths or a Science subject or equivalent.|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||DDM||including relevant IT, Maths or Science modules|
|Access to HE Diploma||Pass your Access course with 60 credits overall with a minimum of 45 credits at level 3 including relevant IT, Maths or Science modules.|
|GCSE/National 4/National 5||
GCSE English grade C/4 or equivalent
GCSE Maths grade C/4 or equivalent
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||128 UCAS tariff points from your BTEC level 3 National Diploma and one A-Level or equivalent qualifications, including A-level grade B in an IT, Maths or Science subject or equivalent.|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)||128 UCAS tariff points from your BTEC level 3 National Extended Certificate and two A-Levels or equivalent qualifications, including A-level grade B in an IT, Maths or Science subject or equivalent.|
We also consider equivalent qualifications and combinations. Please contact Nottingham Trent University Admissions team for further information.
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£9,250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,250||Year 1|