BA (Hons) Illustration at Camberwell College of Arts takes an innovative, experimental and critical approach to the broad practice of illustration. Our students are encouraged to challenge the position of the illustrator within commercial, social, political and cultural contexts whilst maintaining and developing the core values that underpin the practice.
What can you expect?
• To develop their understanding of the key principles, themes and debates that define illustration through practical experimentation and production.
• To explore notions of authorship and the reproduced image.
• To identify audiences and consider how they can make their work visible in a ‘real world’ context through end of year exhibitions.
• To consider the constantly evolving and creative environments illustrators exist in through workshops, technical inductions, tutorials and seminars; and define their practice accordingly.
• To examine their identity as an illustrator, whilst planning and realising practical projects.
• To be challenged and have their ideas tested through rigorous evaluation of both practical and written work.
• To investigate ideas and issues through seminar discussions, presentations and writing.
• To have access to Camberwell's shared workshops.
Work experience and opportunities
Our students gain first-hand experience through course projects with leading organisations and businesses that have previously included Adidas, American Express, Channel 4, Dorling-Kindersley, The Guardian, Jelly and MTV.
BA (Hons) Illustration students also have the opportunity to study abroad in the second year of their degree as part of the Erasmus scheme.
About Camberwell College of Arts
Camberwell College of Arts is internationally regarded for the outstanding quality of its courses, staff and facilities.
It is a unique place to study with a strong sense of community, which encourages students to rethink current practices and cultivate their own style.
Camberwell has had major investment over the last couple of years, with a new academic building and halls of residence on campus, transforming it into a 21st century art school embedded in its local, national and international communities, and dedicated to driving forward positive social change through art and design.
Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
Camberwell College of Arts
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Camberwell College of Arts|
This means the year in which you would like to start the course.
‘Year 1’ means you will start in the first year.
‘Year 0’ means you will enter onto a foundation year.
You may be able to start some courses in the second or third years, if you meet certain criteria. You will need to discuss this with the university or college directly.
The following entry points are available for this course:
|Channel Islands||£9,250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,250||Year 1|