Bath College has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
This programme is designed to prepare students for a variety of careers across the IT industry through the provision of specialised options such as cyber security, games programming and app development. It equips students with practical and professional abilities in specific areas, as well as providing a broad range of analysis, design and implementation skills. The modules are closely linked to the needs of industry. There are many opportunities for students to develop their skills through work based projects. Your degree is awarded by the University of Bath. With university-approved lecturers and smaller group sizes than many campus based universities, we offer a supportive and friendly learning environment to help you achieve your full potential as an IT professional.
30% of the course consists of generic study skills and work-based topics, with the remaining 70% specific to applied computing. This provides students with the skills necessary for higher level study, prepares them for employment in their chosen field and develops their skills in IT and applied computing. Students will study major computing topics such as IT Security and Forensic Computing, systems development, business analysis, programming, web design, databases, networking and computer hardware. In Stage two, current options include games programming, geographical information systems, multimedia, advanced databases and working in IT support on the College help desk. In addition, students will develop their personal and professional skills and undertake an individual project. This is a substantial piece of work requiring students to investigate a problem, understand its context and design, develop and test a suitable solution.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||96 points|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MMM|
Additional entry requirements
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£7,500||Year 1|