Cambridge Regional College has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
The BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma is a broad based practical business qualification which is intended for students who are seeking an alternative to a Foundation Degree or Degree and who wish to combine study and part-time work.
The course will be taught by Business lecturers who are committed practitioners working within the business industries. The team may be complemented by guest speakers who are also working within the industry
Through the BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma course of study you will explore, challenge, develop and extend your:
• independent enquiry and analytically skills
• research for professional and academic reports
• confidence in writing university level assignments and academic work preparation
• ability to write business plans and to set up your own business
• develop your presentation skills
• English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
• employability skills e.g. team building, leadership, advocacy, self-management, organisation, presentation, peer support as well as adaptability and problem solving
You will study a range of core and optional units.
For the BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma there are eight core units:
• Business and the Business Environment
• Management Accounting
• Management and Operations
• Marketing Essentials
• Research Project (Pearson set)
• Human Resource Management
• Organisational Behaviour
• Managing a Successful Project (Pearson set)
There are a further seven optional units, the choice of which is at the discretion of the team.
This is classed as a full-time course – on successful completion of this course, you will gain a BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma. Home & EU students are eligible to apply for a full-time loan from Student Finance England.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|A level||2 A Levels|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||Level 3 Extended Diploma or other Vocational Diplomas|
|Access to HE Diploma||Access to Higher Education|