Bangor University has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
This degree aims to provide a science programme related to medicine with strong professional research elements. These aspects are closely linked to the three generic graduate outcomes specified in Tomorrow’s Doctors; that is, a Doctor as a scholar and scientist, practitioner, and professional. This programme acts as a potential stepping stone into Medical Schools as a graduate entrant and also equips graduates with the skills to pursue other clinically related careers. This makes it an ideal 5th choice for those whose primary aim is Medicine or Dentistry, as well as a 1st choice for those interested in a Health based career but who want to keep their options open. The programme is a Feeder Stream for the Medicine Four Year Graduate Entry Scheme (MBBCh) at Cardiff University. Students will benefit from teaching and research expertise across a number of disciplines.
For details of the modular structure, please see the course description on Bangor University's website.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||112 points||
Typical offer is based on a minimum of 112 tariff points from a Level 3 qualification* e.g.
• A Levels (including Biology and at least one other science from Chemistry (preferred), Medical Science, Physics or Maths).
• WJEC Medical Science Applied Diploma and Applied Certificate
• BTEC National/Extended Diploma and Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma: DMM (Biology and Chemistry modules required)
• International Baccalaureate Diploma: Including Biology and Chemistry (Preferred) at Higher Level
• Access: Only Science or Bioscience diplomas provide the necessary pre-requisite knowledge: Pass
• Welsh Baccalaureate
• Extended Project Qualification
• Key Skills and General Studies not accepted
International Candidates: school leaving qualifications and college diplomas are accepted from countries worldwide (subject to minimum English Language requirements), details at: www.bangor.ac.uk/international/applying/entryrequirements
We also welcome applications from mature applicants.
*For full details go to our website and for a full list of accepted Level 3 qualifications, go to www.ucas.com
|GCSE/National 4/National 5||Grade C/4 in English Language, Maths and Science|
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£9,000||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9,000||Year 1|