West Herts College has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
The HND in Creative Media Production (Game Development) provides a programme of study that covers the key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required in the video games sector. The course is designed to develop a range of skills, knowledge and experiences.
HNDs provide nationally recognised qualifications that offer career progression, professional development, employment opportunities and further progression within Higher Education. The qualifications are made up of compulsory units and specialist units studied during the first year and second year.
The HND in Creative Media Production (Game Development) is designed to support students in learning new skills while developing their individual experiences and practical understanding. Tutorial support is provided to help students develop their educational and vocational abilities as well as the personal and professional qualities and attitudes required to adapt to the demands of an ever changing and exciting industry.
What will I study?
• Individual Project (Pearson-set)
• Creative Media Industry (Mandatory)
• Professional Practice (Mandatory)
• Games Development Practices (Specialist Unit - Mandatory)
• Games in Context (Specialist Unit - Mandatory)
• Game Design (Specialist Unit - Mandatory)
• Principles of Animation (Optional Unit)
• Art Development (Optional Unit)
• Collaborative Project (Pearson-set)
• Personal Professional Development (Mandatory)
• Advanced game development studies (Specialist Unit - Mandatory)
• Emerging Technologies
• Advanced 3D Modelling
• Environment & Level Design
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 2
|UCAS Tariff||48 points||48 UCAS points from an appropriate level 3 qualification.|
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6,165||Year 1|