London College has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
The Foundation Degree in Children and Young People has two pathways:
Early Years (EY)
- Teaching Assistant (TA)
This Foundation Degree has been designed for Early Years practitioners who are currently working, paid or voluntary, in any type of early years setting to study part-time to gain a nationally recognised qualification building on experience with a focus on extending knowledge and developing practical skills. It is open to Early Years practitioners from a variety of early years educational settings.
The Foundation Degree builds on your work experience and will involve support from your employer via a mentor. The Foundation Degree is validated by the University of Derby and will be delivered by the College in partnership with the university.
Year 1: Starting to Study; Equality and Diversity; Early Years Provision and Practice (EYP) or Supporting Teaching and Learning (TA);
Year 2: Integrated Services; Children Playing; Work Based Reflective Practice; Understanding Behaviour;
Year 3: Secondary Research; Children's, Young People's and Family Rights; Working with Parents and Carers; Research Methods and Practice.
You will be assessed using your work-based activities, creative presentations, essays, discussion papers, case studies, and portfolios. There are no exams.
How to apply
To apply for this course you will be taken to the provider's website, where you can find out more information and make an application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There are no qualification requirements for this course.
Course Entry Requirements:
- At least 80 UCAS points (200 as per 2016 tariff) points at A level in appropriate subjects
- CACHE Diploma in a related subject at grade C or above
- BTEC National Extended Diploma
- Other relevat Level 3 qualification
- GCSE English Language and maths at grade C/grade 4 or above or equivalent
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) - you can apply at the college
- Applicant must be employed within the sector i.e. early years/teaching assistant/children and young people related careers or have secured two days per week in an appropriate placement linked to their chosen pathway.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualificationshttp://www.lcuck.ac.uk/?pg=courses/view%3Fmode=PT%26level=3%26prog_id=943#page=Description
Fees and funding