Birmingham City University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Want to top up your business degree in Birmingham? Our BA (Hons) International Business (Top-Up) course allows you to learn from industry experienced lecturers.
This international business (top up) degree develops your knowledge and skills so you can apply what you learn internationally. We focus on giving you real business scenarios to put your learning to the test and get as much experience of the business world as possible.
We’re living in an international world, where global communication and accessible customer and client services are vital. This course gives you the confidence to get out there and engage with overseas businesses.
Our top up year in international business covers international business strategy, operations and systems, e-Business, global management issues globalisation and much more. We encourage you to apply your learning to real experience and business scenarios, so you’ll learn through group presentations, live projects and business case studies.
You get individual tutor support and they work closely with you to make sure you choose the projects and modules that will help you in your chosen career or further study.
You’ll benefit from our exceptional links to business. Our staff bring in expert guest speakers and industry gurus to help you with your projects. They’ve worked all over the world and bring experience from the Ministry of Defence, aerospace and multimillion pound conglomerates.
For full details, visit our website.
The below typical core and elective modules should offer guidance on the modules you can expect to study: Business Operations and Systems, Business Statistics, Globalisation, International Business Strategy, International Marketing, Making Sense of Organisations, Managing and Leading Strategic Change.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Curzon Building Campus|
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||Not accepted|
|A level||Not accepted|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||Not accepted|
|Access to HE Diploma||Not accepted|
|Scottish Higher||Not accepted|
Overall Merit profile for external applicants.
The qualification must be in a relevant subject area as assessed by the Admissions Tutor.
Acceptable qualifications for entry onto the top-up degree:
- 240 credits in a business related field. An overall module average of 55% in first and second year. Transferring students would need to have completed all the relevant modules already studied at levels 4 and 5 on our degree course. A transcript of modules studied will be required.
- HND: Overall Merit profile for external applicants and Franchise applicants, the HND must be in a relevant subject area.
- ABE Advanced Diploma: Must be in a relevant subject area. At least grade B in two module.
- Foundation degree: Must be in a relevant subject area. 240 credits of appropriate prior learning must be achieved (120 credits at level 4 and 120 credits at level 5) and minimum of 55% overall must be achieved.
GCSE English Language and Maths grade 4 or above or equivalents is also required. Must have been achieved at the point of enrolment.
Acceptable equivalents considered in lieu of GCSE mathematics or English language at grade C:
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificates in Adult Numeracy/ Adult Literacy
- Functional Skills/ Essential Skills level 2 Maths and English
- Key Skills level 2 Application of Number and Communication
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6.0||with no less than 5.5 in any level|
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9,250||Year 1|