Learn and develop as an ambitious graphic designer on this studio-based degree. You'll work alongside like-minded creatives, exploring all aspects of visual communication in a vibrant studio environment. We’ll encourage you to think creatively during your time at NTU, gaining professional and technical skills that reflect current and future industry practice. By the end of your degree, you’ll have a professional portfolio tailored to your own career aspirations. Graduates secure roles in fields such as art direction, advertising, branding and identity, design for screen and interactive design, editorial design, illustration, motion graphics and publishing. Key features
- Study a broad range of disciplines including branding, editorial design, graphic design, illustration, interactive design, information design, motion graphics and typography.
- Learn in a creative studio environment, using industry-standard equipment and software.
- Work on live briefs with companies like Brand Opus, JKR, Elmwood and Vault 49.
- Develop your professional skills through self-initiated work experience placements, industry competitions, collaborations with organisations and guest lectures.
- Go on optional study visits to cities like New York and Berlin.
- Opportunity to apply for a European or international exchange to one of our partner institutions, such as RMIT in Australia.
- Develop a professional portfolio tailored to your own career aspirations.
- Exhibit your work at our Showcase, with the opportunity to be selected to exhibit at other portfolio events, such as New Designers and D&AD New Blood in London.
- Our graphic design degree has an excellent reputation for producing industry-ready, interdisciplinary graduates.
- Gain a professionally accredited degree – this course is accredited by the Chartered Society of Designers (CSD).
- 92% of BA (Hons) Graphic Design students are satisfied with their course. (National Student Survey 2020).
- 93% of BA (Hons) Graphic Design students would recommend studying at NTU. (National Student Survey 2020).
- NTU is Ranked 12th in the UK for Art and Design. (The Complete University Guide 2021).
- NTU is ranked in the top 15 universities in the UK for Design and Crafts (14th). (The Guardian University Guide 2021).
- The Fundamentals of Graphic Design (100 credit points)
- Design in Context 1 (20 credit points)
- Exploring the Graphic Design Industry (60 credit points)
- Design in Context 2 (20 credit points)
- Co Lab: Research, Exploration and Risk-taking (20 credit points)
- Optional module. You will also choose one optional 20-credit module from:
- Developing a Personal Portfolio (100 credit points)
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2021.
If you already have a 2021 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- City Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We also consider equivalent qualifications and combinations. Please contact Nottingham Trent University Admissions team for further information.
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|