With a focus on strategy and strategy development, this course should allow you to explore skills needed to potentially be a flexible future manager, spot international business opportunities quickly and respond to challenges effectively. Coventry Business School is currently an active member of the Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) and the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), both of whom are committed to ensuring its members maintain world-class standards of teaching and research. Guest speakers programme* has previously also drawn in prominent speakers from the field of international business in recent times to share their knowledge and experiences with you (subject to availability). Field trips* to multinational organisations within a range of sectors and industries. Previous visits have included a visit to Jaguar Land Rover and Manchester United in the UK as well as visits to New York in the United States; Berlin, Germany and Paris, France among others (subject to competitive application, availability, meeting applicable visa requirements, and additional costs may apply). Key Course Benefits This second or final year direct entry programme aims to develop your comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the international business environment, business strategy and the key functions of business organisations. Through core modules, we focus on building essential management skills in international logistics, human resource management; international trade management; global markets and entry strategies; and marketing in an international perspective to mention but a few. We aim to offer opportunities to engage with real business issues from highly innovative companies ranging from small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to large multinational corporations, throughout the whole course. Supporting this international focus is the experience of our current academic staff and the typically internationally diverse makeup of students. You’ll be taught by experienced staff, who have worked in positions that include directors and consultants for many large multinational companies not only in the United Kingdom but also abroad (please note staff are subject to change).
- Previous invited guest speakers have included prominent figures from the field of international business in recent times, to share their knowledge and experiences with you.
- Coventry Business School is currently an active member of the Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) and the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), both of whom are committed to ensuring its members maintain world-class standards of teaching and research.
- Field trips* to multinational organisations within a range of sectors and industries. Previous visits have included a visit to Jaguar Land Rover and Manchester United in the UK as well as visits to New York in the United States; Berlin, Germany and Paris, France among others (subject to competitive application, availability, meeting applicable visa requirements, and additional costs may apply).
- Accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) this course gives you the option of registering and gaining a Level 5 Certificate, which can enhance your employability skills (subject to registration fees, other requirements and additional costs apply). Please refer to the Accreditation and Professional Recognition section of the Overview tab.
Year One The below modules are studied in your first year if you enter the course at Level 5 and aim to give you an overview of business in an international context, covering key business areas such as data, management and finance. There is also a module on improving your English skills for business communication and report writing. Modules Cross-Cultural Management - 20 Credits Global Business - 20 Credits English Business Communication and Report Writing Skills - 10 Credits Digital Business, Marketing and E-Commerce - 20 Credits Analysing Quantitative Business Data - 20 Credits Finance and Accounting for International Business International Career Development - 10 Credits Year Two The below modules are studied in your second year, if you enter the course at Level 5, or in your first year, if you enter the course at Level 6. We will build on knowledge gained from your previous undergraduate studies to provide an overview of international business, examining world trade patterns and the functions of international institutions such as the advertising industry. In your final year, you will also pick two out of three optional modules. Modules Principles of Strategy - 20 Credits Project Management for Business - 20 Credits English Business Presentation Skills - 10 Credits Entrepreneurship and Innovation - 10 Credits International Leadership - 20 Credits Optional modules We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated. Before accepting any offers, please check the website for the most up to date course content. For full module details please check the course page on the Coventry University website. *For further information please check the course page on the Coventry University website
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Management Institute
- Project Management, Association for
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Successful completion of 2 years appropriate academic study in Higher Education. All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|