Why this course?
- Studying this degree will give you the skills and knowledge necessary to tackle some of the most pressing issues facing our planet today.
- The course mixes hands-on learning and practical experience. Gain a deep understanding of animal behaviour, ecology, and evolution, and become prepared for a wide range of careers in veterinary-adjacent fields, policy and conservation.
- We offer field trips to South Africa and Wales, where you will gain valuable skills that are highly sought-after in the job market, including data analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
- Ranked best modern university in the UK for Zoology (Guardian University Guide 2024).
- Silver in the 2023 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) for delivering high quality teaching, learning and outcomes for our students.
- Diversity of Life
Examples include: Chemistry of Life, Biometrics: Physiology, Statistics and Maths, Cell Biology, Diversity of Life, Core Skills in Zoology, Introduction to Evolution
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please see https://www.roehampton.ac.uk/applying/undergraduate-entry-requirements/
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with a minimum of 5.5 in each band|
|TOEFL (iBT)||80||with the following minimum scores: Reading: 18 Writing: 17 Listening: 17 Speaking: 20|
|PTE Academic||59||with no less than 59 in any band|
|Cambridge English Advanced||C||grade C in tests prior to 2015 with no less than 'weak' in any band|
We may accept other high school English qualifications if you are applying for an undergraduate degree. Please contact us at [email protected] to clarify.
English Language requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|