A three terms Musical Theatre training program, designed for students determined to succeed in the performing arts. Success in the competitive world of Musical Theatre requires focus and determination, as well as refined work across several disciplines. The Foundation programme at CSVPA offers students the wonderful opportunity to specialise before starting university; to begin the process of undergraduate skill development while preparing their drama school and university auditions.
- The Foundation programme is modelled on a 1st year Conservatoire-style training programme.
- You will enjoy up to 25 hours a week contact time with teaching staff.
- Every week you will receive one-to-one sessions with acting and singing tutors, to develop your knowledge of repertoire, style, and audition pieces.
- Weekly group classes will further challenge you in subjects like Acting, Movement, Dance, Physical Theatre, Text, Voice, and Scene Study.
- Class groups are small, allowing for intensive work that can be adapted to meet your needs and allow for personalised feedback and guidance.
- Our teaching staff are highly trained with experience in professional theatre.
- The teaching team is dedicated to helping you discover your full creative potential as unique performers.
- We are a community of developing artists who support each other, encouraging all to take risks, push boundaries, and grow as performers.
- Performing Arts programs offer opportunities for performance throughout the academic year.
This programme offers dance classes every day, in addition to ballet classes. Dance styles include: Jazz, Lyrical, Tap, Commercial Dance. We also offer the ability to learn to “sell” choreographic compositions with precision, energy and flair and how to incorporate singing and dancing together.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
Successful completion of Secondary Education (Grade 11 or Grade 12 depending on native country) or 1 x A level or an equivalent Level 3 qualification and 3 x GCSEs at grade 4 or grade C or equivalent, preferably in a relevant creative subject. Students who do not meet these entry requirements will still be considered on their own individual potential to succeed. Please refer to the Audition Process tab for more information.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
IELTS 5.5+ or equivalent
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
There are no UK government grants or funding for this course. Students will need to be privately financed.
Cambridge School of Visual and Performing Arts
13-14 Round Church Street
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
CSVPA Admissions Team
+44 (0) 1223 341300