Overview The University of Worcester has a strong reputation for delivering high-quality, innovative and contemporary nurse education. You can apply to study one of 3 different fields of practice: BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult), BSc (Hons) Nursing (Children’s) or BSc (Hons) Nursing (Mental Health). This exciting and transformational BSc (Hons) Nursing programme has been developed collaboratively with practice partners, service users and students in response to the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC 2018) Future Nurse: Standards of Proficiency for Registered Nurses and Realising Professionalism: Standards for Education and Training. At its heart is the recognition that nursing is an evolving professional, practice-based and academic discipline. In recognition of the teaching teams’ commitment to excellent teaching and innovation, the BSc (Hons) Nursing programme has been a Student Nursing Times finalist for Nurse Education Provider (Pre-Registration) of the year five times. In 2018, 99% of leavers were in employment or further study, with 100% of leavers in employment, working in nursing roles. Key Features
- Emphasis is on learning in diverse, supportive learning environments with 50% of the course embedded in the practice setting.
- Skills and simulation centre providing outstanding facilities to safely practice nursing interventions in a supportive environment, allowing the development of enhanced technical skills.
- Enhanced practice learning days rooted in clinical practice, provide opportunities to consolidate practice learning.
- Visiting lecturers including experienced and senior clinical nurses and patients, their families and carers, providing a unique insight into their experiences of healthcare.
- Opportunities to complete either a UK or international elective, for example Finland, Denmark, Ireland and Tanzania.
- On successful completion of the BSc (Hons) Nursing, eligible to apply for Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- University of the Year - Finalist - 2019 Times Higher Education Awards and UK Social Mobility Awards
- 1st for Quality Education - 2019 Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings
- Outstanding Support for Students - Finalist - 2019 Times Higher Education Awards
- Top 10 for Student Satisfaction - 2019 National Student Survey
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
- Sustainability Institution of the Year - Finalist - 2019 Green Gown Awards
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.