Aston University, Birmingham has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
Our BSc (Hons) Business and Politics course gives you a comprehensive understanding of business and management alongside an in-depth knowledge of contemporary politics in a global context. As a business student at Aston, you’ll study the theories, principles and underlying concepts of the main functions of management and develop a strong understanding of business models and processes. You’ll examine how strategic decision-making within organisations takes place, and develop the ability to recognise and analyse the economic, technical, financial, social and organisational parameters within which modern managers make decisions, providing you with a solid starting point for your future career. On the politics strand of the course, you will have the unique opportunity to explore political topics going beyond the UK and Europe, covering North America, South Asia, China, Japan or the emerging global powers. You will not only study the traditional subjects of the discipline, such as security, political economy or democratisation but also have the chance to delve into ethics, sports, gender, protest or religion. Key benefits
- As part of your degree you’ll undertake a professional placement year, gaining valuable practical experience that employers demand.
- 100 per cent of students on the ‘BSc (Hons) Business and Politics’ course said that their course provided them with opportunities to bring information and ideas together from different topics (National Student Survey, 2020).
- Politics at Aston is ranked 11th in the UK for ‘research quality’ (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2020)
- Employed Aston business graduates earn £11,000 (40 per cent) more than the UK average, five years after graduation (Longitudinal Education Outcomes, 2020).
- Business modules delivered by the triple-accredited Aston Business School – one of just 1 per cent of business schools in the world to hold AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accreditation.
For more information on this course and a full list of modules, visit the course page: https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/business-and-politics-bsc-2021
For more information on the methods of assessment on this course, visit the course page: https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/business-and-politics-bsc-2021
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed carefully, including previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. Whilst the grades listed here are our entry requirements, we understand that predicted grades are only an estimate. We will therefore consider applicants with predicted grades that fall below these entry requirements if the application is of a high standard. However, any offer made will not be lower than stated above. Entry onto our Foundation Year maybe offered as an alternative to the degree course if lower entry grades are achieved. Aston University welcomes applications from students with a wide range of qualifications from the UK and overseas, including combinations of qualifications. If your qualifications are not listed here and you wish to check whether they meet the entry requirements for this course, please contact the university.
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Aston University, Birmingham
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0121 204 3030