If you’ve completed a Foundation Degree or similar in Education, Childhood Studies or Teaching and Learning Support – why not top up your qualification to a BA in Education Studies? On this BA (Hons) Education Studies (Top-Up) programme you can study the subjects associated with education in society. You'll gain a national and international perspective of education and consider elements such as social justice, policy, current issues in education. Course overview During this one-year course, experience a practical placement that provides you with hands-on experience. You can take this placement with an institution or organisation you already know or a new one, the sourcing of which we can support you with. If you are already working in an education setting, you can even use your employment as your placement. Our industry-experienced tutors support and provide you with a solid academic grounding to complement your practical experience. You’ll study subjects associated with education, teaching and learning, gaining a national and international perspective of education. Discover the world of social justice, policy and current affairs in the context of education. On this course you will...
- Complete work-based placements, enhancing your academic knowledge and boosting your employability.
- Develop a critical understanding of educational environments and approaches in relation to social justice, social policy and educational diversity.
- Benefit from an intimate learning environment, including a personal tutor and small class groups.
- Complete research enquiries on educational issues and in educational settings, developing analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Learn flexibly, studying the areas of education that are of interest to you.
- Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts 3
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Educational Leadership and Management
- Current Issues and International Perspectives
- Education and the Media
- Special Study
Year one - Compulsory modules: Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts 3, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Educational Leadership and Management, Current Issues and International Perspectives, Education and the Media, Special Study.
Coursework - may include written tasks and assignments, reports, dissertations, portfolios, project work
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Foundation Degree or Higher National Diploma in relevant subject (240 credits) and English GCSE at grade C/4 or above.
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Cumbria
Clearing contact details
Clearing Call Centre
08081 787 373
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Course Enquiry Centre
0845 606 1144