Aston University is The Guardian's 'University of the Year' 2020. Course outline As a student on the BSc (Hons) Economics and Politics course, you’ll have the opportunity to explore political topics going beyond the UK and Europe, covering North America, South Asia, China, Japan or the emerging global powers. You will acquire the ability to analyse and understand political problems, socio-cultural change and political institutions and structures. You’ll develop an ability to investigate a range of political and economic issues, and gain a sound understanding of how economic and political issues are often closely interrelated in today’s globalised mass society. You’ll become familiar with a range of tools needed to solve a variety of complex economic problems, and develop research and analytical skills, equipping you with highly relevant, adaptable skills that are transferable across whatever career path you choose. Key benefits
- As part of your degree you’ll undertake a professional placement year, gaining valuable practical experience that employers demand.
- Politics at Aston is ranked 11th in the UK for ‘research quality’ (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2020)
- Employed Aston business/economics graduates earn £11,000 (40 per cent) more than the UK average, five years after graduation (Longitudinal Education Outcomes, 2020).
- Politics at Aston is ranked 6th in the UK for the percentage of graduates in employment or further study, five years after graduating (Longitudinal Education Outcomes, 2020).
- Economics modules delivered by the triple-accredited Aston Business School – one of just 1 per cent of business schools in the world to hold AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accreditation.
- Aston economics graduates are some of the most employable in the UK - ranked 5th in the UK for ‘career prospects’ (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2020).
For more information on this course and a full list of modules, visit the course page: https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/politics-and-economics-bsc
For more information on the methods of assessment on this course, visit the course page: https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/politics-and-economics-bsc
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed carefully, including previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. Aston University welcomes applications from students with a wide range of qualifications from the UK and overseas, including combinations of qualifications. If your qualifications are not listed here and you wish to check whether they meet the entry requirements for this course, please contact the university.
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|