Our course has been developed to cater for the property industry's growing need for financially-literate graduates with specialist investment and finance knowledge. There is an ever-growing relationship between property, investment and financial markets, making the field increasingly dynamic and graduates within it some of the highest paid. You'll develop core property industry knowledge and skills in areas including investment and financial project management, financial risk management, negotiation, valuation, portfolio management, investment appraisal, business planning, financial regulations and sustainability of financial investment projects. Key features
- Professional accreditation | Our course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), recognising the quality and relevance of the course content and representing your first step towards becoming a Chartered Surveyor.
- Interdisciplinary study | Delivered by industry experienced and research active academics, the course links finance and economics to address global issues related to investment, financial management and real estate.
- Industry-facing projects | Apply your learning to the real world, with opportunities to take part in live projects as part of the course. Your assessments will be based on real projects, supported by companies such as JLL, Rolls-Royce and Savills.
- Placement year | Gain vital skills and experience in the workplace by undertaking a one-year placement on our sandwich route. Previously, students have spent their placements at companies such as AXA, Knight Frank and NG Chartered Surveyors.
- Professional, Academic and Business Skills (20 credit points)
- Surveying Skills (20 credit points)
- Construction (20 credit points)
- Economics and Valuation (20 credit points)
- Law (20 credit points)
- Planning and Land Use (20 credit points)
- Valuation (20 credit points)
- Real Estate Economics (20 credit points)
- Property Management and Agency (40 credit points)
- Property Development: Principles and Practice (20 credit points)
- Employability and Commercial Awareness (20 credit points)
- This is your opportunity to spend a year working in industry, giving you real hands-on experience and introducing you to exciting opportunities for your future employment. A successful completion of the placement year will lead you to an additional qualification – the Diploma in Professional Practice.
- Investment Appraisal and Valuation (20 credit points)
- Portfolio and Fund Management (40 credit points)
- Real Estate Funding (20 credit points)
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Surveyors, Royal Institution of
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2022.
If you already have a 2022 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- City Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We also consider equivalent qualifications and combinations. Please contact Nottingham Trent University Admissions team for further information.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|