Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information. Course summary
- Become a professional electrical and electronic engineer from day one.
- Gain knowledge and specialised skills in state-of-the-art labs and workshops.
- Apply your skills by completing industry-linked projects and placements.
- Explore diverse disciplines – mechanical, automotive, aerospace, civil engineering.
- Design and manage electrical systems for a sustainable future.
- Diverse lectures emphasising peer collaboration.
- Tutorials to practise and apply your knowledge ahead of assessments.
- Hands-on lab experience including computational modelling and simulation.
- Q&A and discussions for self-assessment and understanding.
- Support sessions for receiving feedback and preparing for assessments.
- Teamwork activities for collaboration in an innovative environment.
- Project-based learning to apply knowledge, creativity, design, critical analysis and professional skills to real-world projects.
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. Important notice: The structure for this course is currently being reviewed and enhanced to provide the best possible learning experience for our students. Module structure, content, delivery and assessment are all likely to change, but we expect the focus of the course and the learning outcomes to remain as described above. Once the changes have been confirmed, updated module information will be published on this page. You will be able to complete a placement year as part of this course. Year 1 - Compulsory modules Engineering And Mathematics In Practice Foundation Mathematics, Mechanics And Electronics 1 Foundation Mathematics, Mechanics And Electronics 2 Fundamentals Of Materials And Manufacturing Year 2 - Compulsory modules Electrical Engineering Principles Fundamentals Of Analogue & Digital Electronics Maths And Computational Methods Professional Engineering Practice Year 3 - Compulsory modules Analogue And Digital Electronic Design Communication Systems And Computer Networks Electrical Power, Machines, Control And Instrumentation Industrial Group Embedded System Project Year 4 - Optional modules Placement Year Final year - Compulsory modules Electrical, Electronic And Sustainable Energy Systems Project: Implementation Project: Management And Scoping Elective modules Artificial Intelligence And The Internet Of Things Power Electronics And Control Systems
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Engineering and Technology, Institution of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
We may also accept you, if you have no formal qualifications but can show evidence of ability and a genuine commitment to studying the subject. UK students may be able to claim financial support for the course.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Some applicants may be invited to attend an informal interview with the course leader to ensure that the programme is suitable for themselves and their aspirations.
Please note that this information is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University.
English language requirements
|If English is not your first language you need an IELTS score of 6.0 or above, with a minimum score of 5.5 in each skill.
If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
Please click the following link to find out more about English language requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.