If you have the potential and ambition to study with us, but feel you're not quite ready to join the BEng in Motorsport Engineering right now, why not consider taking this course with a foundation year? Taking the course with a foundation year will give you the chance to strengthen your skills, knowledge and confidence before you advance to stage one of your honours degree. This BEng in Motorsport Engineering will give you the confidence and skills you need to progress into the international world of motorsport. Set yourself apart as an innovative and resourceful motorsport engineer - ready to work with top teams or high-profile manufacturers. KEY FEATURES OF THE COURSE:
- RANKINGS: We're ranked in the Top 10 for satisfaction with teaching* and in the Top 10 for teaching quality^ (*The Guardian University Guide 2024 - Mechanical Engineering subject area, ^The Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2024 - Aeronautical and Manufacturing Engineering subject area)
- ACCREDITATION: Our BEng (Hons) Motorsport Engineering degree is professionally accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers on behalf of the Engineering Council – this recognition means you can be sure our courses meet professional standards
- FACILITIES: Our state-of-the-art facilities include a dedicated workshop space with a vast range of vehicles and systems. Our computer labs host technical software widely used in the industry for design, modelling and simulation.
- EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITY: Take part in extra-curricular activity such as getting involved in track testing our RADICAL SR1, or joining Team Derby Motorsport who compete in the international competition Formula Student.
- FLEXIBILITY: Not sure on the type of engineering you want to study? Spend the foundation year and first year covering all aspects of engineering and gain the multi-disciplinary skills and knowledge that employers are looking for. In year two, you have the option to switch your degree to either BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering or BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering or continue studying on BEng (Hons) Motorsport Engineering
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 6.0; with at least IELTS 5.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT)at CEFR level B2 or above
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|