University of Derby has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
If you have the potential and ambition to study with us, but feel you're not quite ready to join the BEng in Motorsport Engineering right now, why not consider taking this course with a foundation year? Taking the course with a foundation year will give you the chance to strengthen your skills, knowledge and confidence before you advance to stage one of your honours degree. KEY FEATURES OF THE COURSE:
- ACCREDITATION: This course is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE). On completion, you will have met the full requirements to register as an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) and part of the requirements to register as a Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- OPTIONAL PLACEMENT YEAR: Gain valuable experience in industry by taking an optional placement year between years two and three.
- FACILITIES: Our state-of-the-art facilities include a dedicated workshop space with a vast range of vehicles and systems. Our computer labs host technical software widely used in the industry for design, modelling and simulation.
- EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITY: Take part in extra-curricular activity such as getting involved in track testing our RADICAL SR1, or joining Team Derby Motorsport who compete in the international competition Formula Student.
- TEACHING TEAM: Gain insight from our experienced teaching team. Some have worked at various championships in a variety of roles, whilst others work closely with local motorsport engineering companies to support and encourage innovation.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 6.0; with at least IELTS 5.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT)at CEFR level B2 or above
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Derby