Manchester Metropolitan University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
The Department of Computing and Mathematics has a reputation for academic excellence and you’ll learn from research-active staff working at the forefront of their specialist fields – well placed to support and guide you as you discover yours. The Foundation Year provides a route onto a degree if you don't have the qualifications or have not studied advanced level subjects sufficiently related to your course of choice. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you can progress on to one of the relevant BSc (Hons) degrees:
- BSc (Hons) Computer Animation and Visual Effects
- BSc (Hons) Computer Forensics and Security
- BSc (Hons) Computer Games Technology
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics
- BSc (Hons) Software Engineering
- Provides a route onto your chosen degree course if you don't meet the current entry requirements.
- Foundation Years are designed to make undergraduate degrees more accessible to those who are under-represented in higher education, for example, those with non-traditional qualifications.
- Has content that is tailored so that it is appropriate to your chosen degree.
- Helps you to develop the study skills and academic knowledge you will need to start Year 1 of your course with confidence.
- You will be eligible to apply for student finance in the same way as other undergraduates.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
|UCAS Tariff||72 - 80 points|
|A level||DDD - CDD|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MMP|
|Access to HE Diploma||Pass Access to HE Diploma with a minimum 74 UCAS Tariff points.|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme||24 points|
GCSE grade D/3 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course