Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information. Course summary
- Learn practical and theoretical skills in designing, building, troubleshooting and managing complex secure network systems.
- Use networking labs equipped with the latest Cisco switches, routers and security devices.
- Learn to develop solutions involving enterprise campus design, switching, routing, internet connectivity and cyber security.
- small group lectures
- practical laboratory activities
- hands-on experience with real devices
- designing, developing and implementing enterprise solution
- testing and troubleshooting complex network models with industry-recognised simulation platforms
- practice-informed research
- field trips
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP)
- Enterprise networking expert
- Network engineer
- Network architect
- IT consultant
- IT manager
- Cisco Systems
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. Compulsory modules Advanced Network Design Advanced Routing Advanced Switching Dissertation Enterprise Network Project Network Infrastructure Security Network Troubleshooting Research Principles And Practice
You typically need: a good level of general education with good analytical skills; a degree 2.2 or above in computing or a closely-related discipline; Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent networking experience. You will also be considered for entry if you do not have the standard entry qualifications, but can provide evidence of necessary knowledge and skills to successfully enter and complete the course. You may be asked to attend an interview. You may also be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam. Find out more Overseas applicants from countries whose first language is not English must normally produce evidence of competence in English. An IELTS score of 6.0 with 5.5 in all skills (or equivalent) is the standard for non-native speakers of English. If your English language skill is currently below an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English level.
English language requirements
|An IELTS score of 6.0 with 5.5 in all skills (or equivalent) is the standard for non-native speakers of English.
If your English language skill is currently below an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English level.
Please click the following link to find out more about English language requirements for this course
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.