Ready to take your career to the next level? Solent’s project management master’s programme is a professionally tailored course aligned to the Association for Project Management (APM). You'll study different methodologies, techniques and processes of project management. Managing projects is fundamental to all businesses; large or small, local or international and the ability to manage people, finance, and deadlines is key. This course is designed in line with the requirements of project management professional bodies and explores the interrelated areas of people, strategy and processes, topics including risk, funding, understanding intercultural competencies and successfully delivering projects. Managing projects is fundamental to all businesses; large or small, local or international and the ability to manage finance, people and deadlines is key. As well as helping to equip students with specialised project management skills, the course also encourages the development of leadership abilities, financial acumen and people management techniques. Students will gain a general understanding of governance, and develop management accounting skills. You will also examine the structures and processes necessary for any organisation to deliver projects effectively, explore the theories that have created advances in the fields of organisational behaviour, human resource management and leadership.
- Academic Skills and Career Development
- Developing the Project Professional
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Research Methods and Final Major Project
- Strategic Leadership and Change
- Enterprise and Innovation
- Professional Practice
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Project Management, Association for
How to apply
All international applicants need to be aware that the English language requirements to attend Solent University, and the English language requirements to obtain a visa from the Home Office, may be different. This means that if you meet the Solent University language requirement to gain a place on the course, you may still have to meet additional requirements to be granted with a visa by the Home Office. We strongly advise all applicants to check the Home Office website which outlines all the requirements for a successful visa application and to visit our website to see the relevant information that outlines both Solent University and Home Office requirements for a number of language tests.
• Honours degree at 2:2 or higher in a relevant discipline. • Language Requirements Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are: • IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component • TOEFL IBT 92 with a minimum of 22 in writing and a minimum of 20 in reading, listening and speaking • Duolingo English Language Test - 115 overall with minimum of 100 in each component or equivalent. Qualifications are checked before enrolment, and international students must bring their original certificates or certified copies when coming to study at the University.
Fees and funding
Additional fee information
Southampton Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria. Check out our bursaries and scholarships pages to find out more.
Solent University (Southampton)
East Park Terrace
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Main Contact - Admissions and Enrolment Team
+44 (0) 23 8201 5066