Combine your passion for travel with marketing expertise to gain an insight into the mind of today’s tourism consumer to design effective communications and successful experiences. Learn about the power of the tourism consumer and get ahead of the curve in tourism marketing by learning to recognise how and when travellers make decisions and what type of holidays they might wish to take. As part of this course, you’ll:
- Combine your passion for travel and exploration with a marketing focus
- Identify different customer segments to develop effective marketing strategies and campaigns aimed at the right audience, at the right time, and using the right platforms
- Develop an understanding of consumer trends – who wants what type of holiday, the types of holiday likely to be available in the future and the kinds of message consumers are likely to engage with
- Gain an insight into moral, ethical, environmental and legal issues, allowing you to make a valuable contribution to the tourism and travel sector
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Complexities of Tourism
- Cultures, Ethics & Tourism Encounters
- Industry Insights
- Management & the Tourism Workforce
- Marketing the Tourism Experience
- Understanding Tourism Experiences
- Destination Management
- Tourism Entrepreneurship
- Trends in Tourism
- Communicating Consumer Experiences
- International Tour Operations
- Tourism Marketing Research
- Consultancy Project
- Experiential Marketing
- Tourism Marketing Strategy
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|