The Integrated Foundation Year offers a new and exciting route into studying for a degree, attracting ambitious and driven students who are willing to learn and advance. If you have non-standard qualifications or do not quite meet the admissions requirements for Fashion Marketing and Promotion we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to study a four year Fashion Marketing and Promotion programme which includes a Integrated Foundation Year. The Integrated Foundation Year will help you develop the theoretical/practical and academic skills you need, in order to successfully progress to the full award. Featuring a reduced tuition fee in the first year, our four-year courses will enable you to successfully follow the degree pathway of your choice while gaining essential study skills. The foundation year of your chosen degree will be studied on a full-time basis and is aimed at supporting the transition to higher education. Years two, three and four are then studied as a standard degree programme. By studying at the University of Northampton, you can be sure that:
- You will experience student life at the University’s £330 million Waterside Campus. Come along to an Open Day and find out more.
- Students enrolling on this course at Northampton will be provided with their own brand new laptop* to keep at no additional cost. All sports clubs and societies are free to join at Northampton and every essential course text book is available via the library, meaning you won’t have to purchase copies. For more information on this visit our website (northampton.ac.uk/benefits).
- Based on the evidence available, the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Panel judged that the University of Northampton delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK.
- Our expert academics teach in small groups supported with one to one assistance. Our academics and students form a tight bond, providing individualised support and guidance whilst challenging students academically.
- We invest more money into your education than 90% of Universities in the UK**
- Whatever your ambitions, we’re here to help you to achieve them. We’ll support you to identify the skills you’re learning during your course, find your strengths and secure practical experience so that when it comes to applying for jobs or further study you’ll feel confident in standing out from the crowd.
- In fact, we’re so confident in our careers and employability support that if you achieve at least a 2:2 degree and complete either our Employability Plus Gold programme or achieve a Changemaker Gold Certificate during your time studying with us, but still haven’t secured full-time employment 12 months after graduating, we will secure a three – six month paid internship for you or support you into postgraduate study.
INTEGRATED FOUNDATION YEAR: Stage One A • Transition to University – Learning to Learn (Compulsory) • Investigating Your Subject (Compulsory) • Foundation in Business, Marketing and Management (Compulsory) • Negotiated Learning Project (Compulsory) Stage One B • Foundations of Marketing (Compulsory) • Photography for Fashion (Compulsory) • Styling and Digital Fashion (Compulsory) • Design Communication (Compulsory) • Brand Stories and Consumer Behaviour (Compulsory)• Stage Two • Fashion Event (Compulsory) • Fashion Marketing and Promotion in Practice (Compulsory) • Brand Management (Designated) • Public Relations Management and Practice (Designated) • Drivers of Innovation in Fashion (Designated) • Fashion Buying, Merchandising and VM (Designated) • Photography in Design Context (Designated) • Client Conceptual Experience (Designated) • Stage Three • Entrepreneurial Skills and Freelancing (Compulsory) • Research Project (Compulsory) • Campaign Planning (Designated) • Content Creation for Marketing (Designated) • Marketing Realisation: From Concept to Campaign (Designated) • Design Context Communication (Designated) • Creative Fashion Futures (Designated) • Module information is quoted for 20/21 entry. Please note that modules run subject to student numbers and staff availability, any changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly.
Assessment methods vary per module. The modules involve a variety of assessment such as seminar/group and individual presentations/project work/exams/written assignment/portfolio.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6750||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£6750||Year 1|