OVERVIEW Industry 4.0 – technologies like AI and robotics – is disrupting everything. Now there’s such a huge amount of data available, businesses are striving to make the most of it to get a competitive advantage. But to make better decisions and improve their operations, organisations need skilled professionals in these new technologies. Our BSc (Hons) Business Technology gives you the skills to identify business challenges, find technological solutions, manage technology projects and services, and analyse business data. This is an area that’s always evolving, so we’ll also give you the tools to adapt to new ideas and new ways of working. Discover your talents With a wide range of topics, and the choice of optional units in other areas, you can really explore your interests. Business analysis, big data, app development, e-commerce – whatever you want to specialise in, you’ll have the chance to develop a strong knowledge base. As well as vital business skills, you’ll also learn about some of the biggest technologies of today. Cloud computing with AWS, enterprise resource planning with SAP, programming languages, and databases all feature on the course. Develop in areas that are in demand Many organisations are struggling to make the most of digital technology. They know it can transform their business, but they don’t know how. We designed this programme so you can support and have the potential to eventually lead them through the digitisation process. There is also opportunity to specialise in routes with more emphasis on technology development and data analytics, which continues to be in high demand in organisations. Choose a placement or study abroad The course offers real flexibility as you will enrol on the three-year course and then decide if a placement or overseas study is right for you once you have started your studies. You don’t have to decide now. If you opt to undertake a placement or study abroad your course will normally be four years full-time. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Triple crown – study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Start from scratch – you don’t need existing business or technology qualifications or skills to join us.
- Business technology experts – we were the first university to offer a Business Information Technology course, more than 25 years ago - and we've been innovating ever since.
- Modern facilities – our Business School is equipped with the latest technology to ensure you’re at the cutting edge of the field.
- Practical projects – take on practical projects, including building a web or mobile app and a prototype ecommerce system. You can also tackle a consultancy project for a live client.
- Specialise in your area of interest - specialise further with our targeted routes through the programme, such as technology development or data analytics, and through your choice of optional units.
- Varied career options – this degree opens up a host of career opportunities in business analysis, IT and project management, and web development, among others.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2021.
If you already have a 2021 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice in Track – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course